Where to drink and buy sour beers in Barcelona?

Reads 2155 • Replies 20 • Started Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:22:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OgitheYogi
12:22 Wed 8/2/2017

Hey guys,

My parents live in Barcelona. I haven’t visited them in a year and I know BCN is always expanding its very active beer scene.

I usually go to Lambicus, Rosses i Torrades, BierCab and (I used to go to La Cerveteca).

I love different styles of sour beer be it a traditional lambic or gueuze or american wild ales or German berliner weisse or gose.

Where should I go in BCN this August for those not to miss sour beers?

Lowenbrau
beers 5872 º places 432 º 12:43 Wed 8/2/2017

You already mention it: Lambicus is the place to go, if you are into lambics. For trendy sours think there is not a focused placed, but scattered taps within the good beer bars in town.

OgitheYogi
13:17 Wed 8/2/2017

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
You already mention it: Lambicus is the place to go, if you are into lambics. For trendy sours think there is not a focused placed, but scattered taps within the good beer bars in town.

Which beer bars would you recommend, some of the newer ones?

Werckmeister
beers 6297 º places 263 º 13:34 Wed 8/2/2017

I have been recently to bcn. I only went to the classic offerings though ... overall I liked biercab (+ shop) and naparbcn a bit better than lambicus. the overall selection of these places just suited me more. I found they are also a bit cheaper compared to lambicus. lambicus obviously has the better choice on lambics, but especially biercab has a quite good selection of none lambic beers..

Inbreak
beers 9964 º 15:38 Wed 8/2/2017

For sours, maybe BrewDog, Mikkeller and Kælderkold would be good spots

Sigmund
beers 13391 º places 447 º 17:45 Wed 8/2/2017

You really answered your own question - what Lowenbrau said. The brewpubs might have a sour beer of their own doing, which you won’t get anywhere else. And Bodega Fermin is a lovely place to go, at any rate - they might even have a sour bottled beer or two.

Lowenbrau
beers 5872 º places 432 º 18:38 Wed 8/2/2017

NaparBCN host most of the times a few sour taps, like Fantome and some other belgians, plus some of their own beers if you are lucky. Biercab, Garage, Mikkeller... probably you will find some sours also.
You can contact BRW, local guy, who can be aware of what´s on tap live time.

Lowenbrau
beers 5872 º places 432 º 18:44 Wed 8/2/2017

NaparBCN host most of the times a few sour taps, like Fantome and some other belgians, plus some of their own beers if you are lucky. Biercab, Garage, Mikkeller... probably you will find some sours also.
You can contact BRW, local guy, who can be aware of what´s on tap live time.

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 19:12 Wed 8/2/2017

When are you in bcn ? I leave for bcn next tuesday ( from belgium ) maybe I can bring you soomething for a IP trade ? Pm me

OgitheYogi
11:54 Fri 8/4/2017

I didn’t bring any bottles unfortunately.

I didn’t manage to set any trades in time. I am here until August 18th! I was hoping to go Belgium but decided to stay put.

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 13:30 Fri 8/4/2017

Hi,
Not much to add to what they said. If you want local berliners, Blacklab will probably have some version of Sour Lady on tap (if you visit Blacklab, Bodega fermin is close, worth a visit asSigmund said) , and garage usually has a berliner on tap.
If you want to buy lambic bottles, you could take a look at Homo Sibaris bottle shop, not a wide selection but the handful of lambics they have are cheaper than Biercab or Lambicus.
Biercab’s bottle shop is closed, but if you ask them they usually open it for you.
Naparbcn has some vintage sour beers but they are really expensive.
Lambicus has the widest lambic selection.

If you want to, Kraddel and I are meeting next wednesday, you could join us. If you want to meet any other day, just message me.