10 hour cruise stop, Port Canaveral

Reads 526 • Replies 9 • Started Saturday, March 7, 2015 7:35:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kramer
19:35 Sat 3/7/2015

Hey all, this is about as local to the area that I could find. Have a cruise next week, and sending the rest of the family to Universal the day we stop at PC. Planning to walk to Florida Beer Co., then grab a taxi down to Cocoa Beach Brewing. Is there anything else worth the effort close by that I might be able to get to easily with a taxi or public transport?

Thanks all!

Blazer06
05:40 Sun 3/8/2015

Playalinda Brewing but that is a little further in Titusville. Great beers though.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 08:42 Sun 3/8/2015

I don’t know anyone who rides the buses in the area. And I think I have only once seen an Uber in the area. A lot of people in Cocoa Beach ride bikes, so you might be able to rent a bicycle.

FBC is nice. They just built the new tap room and brewery. You’ll be able to try flights of their beers and ciders. That would be my first pic, especially since you can walk there.

Cocoa Beach Brewing looks to be about 6-7 miles from the port, so that shouldn’t be too bad by taxi. Although, I have never taken a taxi in the area. There is also Bugnutty ( http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/bugnutty-brewing-company/17782/), which is about 8-9 miles away. Not sure how long you are in port or how long you intend to stay at each place. Check the hours on each place too. Bugnutty doesn’t open until the afternoon.

Not sure if you are looking for bottles but there is an ABC Wine and Spirits very close to Cocoa Beach Brewing Company. There is also Sunseed Food Coop on A1A between FBC and CCBC.

Hope this helps.

kramer
20:44 Sun 3/8/2015

That helps. Thanks guys. Didn’t realize we were going to be there on Sunday, which isn’t the best, but at least they’re open. Figure I’ll at least be able to hit FBC and Cocoa Beach, plus one of the bottle shops. I’ll have to see if it’s feasible to hop over to Bugnutty, looks like there’s a cab service that’s available. There’s a trolly(bus) service that runs from the terminal down to CBB, but doesn’t cross over to the the area where Bugnutty is located.

Thanks again.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 01:36 Mon 3/9/2015

Bugnutty would be my first choice. Florida Brewing Companies new tasting room and facilities are nice, but the beer is mostly meh. They do a boatload of contract brewing, so you could rate a lot of beers there, I think. I realize you want places that are close to the port, but if you find the time, New Smyrna Beach Brewing and Intracoastal Brewing in Melbourne are definite hits if you find yourself back in the area with a daylong series of small roadtrips being an option.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 01:37 Mon 3/9/2015

Originally posted by Blazer06
Playalinda Brewing but that is a little further in Titusville. Great beers though.

I need to hit this place.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:34 Mon 3/9/2015

Just take a taxi to Playalinda Brewing. Out of the three in the area, it is really the only one worth a stop. Cocoa Beach Brewing is very tiny, but is close enough to the touristy stuff of Cocoa Beach (Ron Jon’s, and... well, Ron Jons).

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:35 Mon 3/9/2015

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by Blazer06

I need to hit this place.

You do.
Ron is still the best brewer in Central Florida.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 13:09 Mon 3/9/2015

Kramer
I assume you will be in port Canaveral this Sunday the 15th?

kramer
23:00 Tue 3/10/2015

Originally posted by Homer321
Kramer
I assume you will be in port Canaveral this Sunday the 15th?

Yep, shoving off this Friday and will be there on Sunday.