Are you doing your part for VT Beer Week?

Reads 435 • Replies 7 • Started Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:13:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

vodka4blood
beers 157 º places 14 º 20:13 Tue 5/16/2017

This current week in May you are all asked to perform your "patriotic" duties in drinking only beer that originates in the state of Vermont. Your options are many & delicious, so this should not come as a great sacrifice or inconvenience to any of you : ).

So far I have contributed by purchasing 6-packs of Long Trail Sick Day and Zero G Little Wolf for home consumption.

Planning on attending 14th Star brewing info session on Thursday (mmmm... BBQ), and hopefully also get a growler or 2 filled @ Burlington Beer Co after that (havent visited either spot yet, seems like the right time).

Raise your glasses to the Green Mountain State, ladies & gents!!

johnnnniee
beers 7217 º places 217 º 19:11 Wed 5/17/2017

I’d love to join you, but living one state east and not getting any distribution love makes it a tall order. I suppose I could go get some Long Trail, Otter Creek, Magic Hat, Shed, or Switchback and join you.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:37 Thu 5/18/2017

Keep in mind, Vermont Beer Week is not associated with the Vermont Brewers Association. It’s a 2-person marketing company’s deal. http://www.measuredmethods.com is the couple who started VT Beer Week and I believe they went around to a bunch of breweries to get participation and quite possibly pay for play to promote breweries that participate in the effort.

You’ll notice Hill Farmstead not listed anywhere on VT beer week’s site (now defunct) or Facebook page.

I have issues with the Vermont Brewers Association as well but Measured Methods started VT Beer Week as a way to promote their clients and themselves and drive their portfolio. I don’t fault them for that but don’t think for a second this is some grassroots campaign where every Vermont Brewery came together to celebrate themselves. It’s a marketing company.

Then again, national hot dog day was started by Oscar Mayer (like every other national xxxxxx day is corporate backed / promoted).

I drink VT beer every day. No need to get an Untappd Badge or use a hashtag in celebration of local shit.

last year’s press release - http://media.wix.com/ugd/815bd3_43cb3969217444cda84ecbeb404a8fe1.pdf

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:38 Thu 5/18/2017

BTW, Green Mountain Beer Week is organized by the Vermont Brewers Association. Far more participating breweries http://www.vermontbrewers.com/event/greenmountainbeerweek/

boto
beers 2444 º places 104 º 16:34 Thu 5/18/2017

I won’t be in VT this week, but I will be in NH (Milton) Friday. Hopefully my buddy has some plans. I know he hasn’t been to Deciduous yet. DRINK LOCAL!

Bulk_Carrier
beers 6064 º places 419 º 20:44 Thu 5/18/2017

Drink Ten Bends, Vermonters and tourists coming to Vermont!

Bulk_Carrier
beers 6064 º places 419 º 20:47 Thu 5/18/2017

Originally posted by vodka4blood
This current week in May you are all asked to perform your "patriotic" duties in drinking only beer that originates in the state of Vermont. Your options are many & delicious, so this should not come as a great sacrifice or inconvenience to any of you : ).

So far I have contributed by purchasing 6-packs of Long Trail Sick Day and Zero G Little Wolf for home consumption.

Planning on attending 14th Star brewing info session on Thursday (mmmm... BBQ), and hopefully also get a growler or 2 filled @ Burlington Beer Co after that (havent visited either spot yet, seems like the right time).

Raise your glasses to the Green Mountain State, ladies & gents!!

Yes, to the Burlington Beer Company, too!

AirForceHops
beers 15244 º places 226 º 15:51 Fri 5/19/2017

Originally posted by boto
I won’t be in VT this week, but I will be in NH (Milton) Friday. Hopefully my buddy has some plans. I know he hasn’t been to Deciduous yet. DRINK LOCAL!

FYI,
Your buddy missed the boat. There has been a brewer change at Deciduous. So, if there is a different feel on the beers, this would explain it.
The old brewer still has two pLamibic’s in bottles. Everything on tap is new regime.