Dallas Design District

Reads 1071 • Replies 12 • Started Saturday, July 30, 2016 10:44:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 22:44 Sat 7/30/2016

My day job has kept me tethered to the office most of the time when I’m in Dallas, but with the July slow period I’ve started hitting up some lunch spots.

Driving around I realized that I’m in brewing central apparently.

Bishops Cider just opened their production in the same warehouses I am in, and they have been very cool to hang with, pouring me numerous samples and gifting me bottles on occasion (I reciprocated with some of my bumper crop of peaches).

Then I found that a few blocks east is both Noble Rey and Peticolas.

Guess I have found something to do during the busy times when I don’t leave work until 4 and don’t want to sit in traffic.

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 01:25 Sun 7/31/2016

It is brewery central! Hit up the young couple at TAP. Beers are ok, but they are good people.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 12:36 Sun 7/31/2016

Nice! I know Noble Rey opens the taproom at 4....any ideas if Peticolas keeps regular hours? I heard good things about their kolsch. Would like to see how it compares to Lakewood’s All Call that has been my go to all summer

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 13:10 Sun 7/31/2016

...I never make it to Dallas any more since my folks are now gone. :(

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 19:06 Mon 8/1/2016

Originally posted by jzzbassman
Nice! I know Noble Rey opens the taproom at 4....any ideas if Peticolas keeps regular hours? I heard good things about their kolsch. Would like to see how it compares to Lakewood’s All Call that has been my go to all summer

Peticolas is only open 2-3 times a month. I think it’s 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month for the tour, then an occasional special event.

jkwalking05
beers 4743 º places 22 º 15:03 Tue 8/2/2016

Community Beer is within walking distance from Peticolas and is open 4 days a week (although I think not until 5PM on Wed- Fri) and Four Corners is over there as well. If you don’t mind driving 15-20 minutes, BrainDead Brewing in Deep Ellum opens daily at 11AM. One of my favorite Dallas spots and the food there is awesome.

blutt59
beers 6999 º places 210 º 15:07 Wed 8/3/2016

I’m putting a ride together to hit all these one Saturday if possible , getting the opening times to work is the hard part. As well as where to call it quits. Craft and Growler is only a mile + from Braindead/Deep Ellum, for instance. You can probably work in common table also if you start from the Katy Trail.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 18:31 Wed 8/3/2016

Originally posted by jkwalking05
Community Beer is within walking distance from Peticolas and is open 4 days a week (although I think not until 5PM on Wed- Fri) and Four Corners is over there as well. If you don’t mind driving 15-20 minutes, BrainDead Brewing in Deep Ellum opens daily at 11AM. One of my favorite Dallas spots and the food there is awesome.

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation.

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 13:07 Fri 8/5/2016

Originally posted by blutt59
I’m putting a ride together to hit all these one Saturday if possible , getting the opening times to work is the hard part. As well as where to call it quits. Craft and Growler is only a mile + from Braindead/Deep Ellum, for instance. You can probably work in common table also if you start from the Katy Trail.

Uber would be a great way to do this with 3-4 people. Text me if you’re going to organize something!

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 13:10 Fri 8/5/2016

What is the tap room like at Community? (Or other spots?)
Asking as I have only had a handful of their beers, but thought they were all enjoyable.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 18:19 Fri 8/5/2016

Originally posted by thirdeye11
Originally posted by blutt59

Uber would be a great way to do this with 3-4 people. Text me if you’re going to organize something!

I would be very in for this too.....