Dogs at Charlotte Breweries

Reads 358 • Replies 2 • Started Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:50:43 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jcnielsen
beers 3414 º places 321 º 11:50 Wed 1/4/2017

Sounds like dogs inside Charlotte breweries may become a thing of the past. The county has cracked down on Three Spirits having dogs inside, and other breweries will probably have to eliminate dogs from their taprooms. Although dogs would still be allowed outdoors and on patios.

I’m a little disappointed. I’ve always enjoyed the fact that Charlotte had such dog friendly beer places. When we got a new dog last year, we found breweries (outside of dog parks) as being one of the best places to socialize our dog. But since most of the dog-friendly breweries in Charlotte have outdoor areas, I guess it won’t change things too much.

http://www.charlottefive.com/no-dogs-in-charlotte-breweries/

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4609 º 11:54 Wed 1/4/2017

Yeah, I just signed the online petition. I am a retired public health physician with years of experience doing food safety inspections. There is no valid health reason to ban dogs from brewery taprooms.

jcnielsen
beers 3414 º places 321 º 12:57 Wed 1/4/2017

It’s kind of silly how these rules work. You can go to dog bars like Lucky Dog or Dog Bar where there are dozens of dogs off-leash and it is alright to serve alcohol because its licensed as a ’kennel’. But now you won’t be able to have dogs inside breweries because they are ’food establishments’. Hmm...