Here in Austin

Reads 1876 • Replies 21 • Started Friday, October 2, 2015 11:13:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Fratto
beers 2845 º 19:05 Fri 10/16/2015

Originally posted by fly
Maybe I need to find an air B&B connection...

I have a good friend with an AirBnB room near 11th...

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 13:27 Mon 1/4/2016

I will be in Austin next month and would be interested in getting a ride from near Rainy Street out to Jester King on February 19. Any ideas would be appreciated! The shuttle idea would be great!! :-0

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 14:39 Mon 1/4/2016

Originally posted by chicowv
I will be in Austin next month and would be interested in getting a ride from near Rainy Street out to Jester King on February 19. Any ideas would be appreciated! The shuttle idea would be great!! :-0

That is a bit of a ride. Maybe try uber? JK is pretty far out there if you are unaware.

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 11:21 Tue 1/5/2016

Originally posted by fly

That is a bit of a ride. Maybe try uber? JK is pretty far out there if you are unaware.

Yeah, it looks like about 25 miles. I skipped it the last time I was in Austin but hope to visit this trip. I have never used Uber but it may be my best option. I assume a cab would be outrageous.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:29 Tue 1/5/2016

Yeah, it looks like about 25 miles. I skipped it the last time I was in Austin but hope to visit this trip. I have never used Uber but it may be my best option. I assume a cab would be outrageous.

Never used it either, but met up with another RB member last month and he used it. Must depend on where you are, but he got a ride almost immediately. Post again when the date rolls around and I might be willing to make the ride - if you don’t mind a crapped out old car and driver.
And going north to south in Austin is often hell in traffic. On a Friday, potentially even worse.

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 15:02 Tue 1/5/2016

My hotel is right on 35 so it looks like more of an E>W route, although I don’t know anything about local traffic patterns.

I will get in touch closer to when I am in town and see if you are up for a trip. Thanks!

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 14:38 Fri 2/19/2016

Hey, I now it’s very last minute, but Fly or anyone else headed from Austin out to Jester King today?

chicowv
beers 477 º places 7 º 23:54 Fri 2/19/2016

So I had a blast out at Jester king! I learned that Uber will take you out but will not pick you up lol
Lyft delivered us in style though, so all is well!
Great brewery Asutinites!

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 01:22 Sat 2/20/2016

So I had a blast out at Jester king! I learned that Uber will take you out but will not pick you up lol

Good to know.

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 19:50 Sun 2/21/2016

I don’t think it’s a matter of "they won’t" but Uber’s search radius to find drivers is smaller than Lyft’s. If there were an Uber driver in the area, you could get a ride for sure.