In Amsterdam - Tuesday 19 September

Reads 691 • Replies 4 • Started Monday, September 4, 2017 11:52:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:52 Mon 9/4/2017

As part of the pre-Borefts warm up, Ruth & I will be in Amsterdam all day (and night) on Tuesday 19th. Anywhere worthwhile that's new since this time last year? From the RateBeer places list I've picked up Foeders, The Wateringhole and Poesiat & Kater brewpub. Have I missed anything?

Borresteijn
beers 11323 º places 404 º 13:01 Mon 9/4/2017

Tap Zuid, lots of local ticks. Dopey's Elixir. Troost Westergas location. Little Delirium at Central Station. Bret at Sloterdijk station. Cannibale Royale if you want to eat good meat (3 locations, only one in the database so far). Café Brecht (Berlin style, lovely place imho), Taproom (I'd skip that though).

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 15:02 Mon 9/4/2017

Cheers Rob.

A few of those I've been to before but there's a couple I'd missed. No harm in dropping in at Little Delirium as it's right on the station. I'd looked at Tap Zuid last year but, for some reason, thought it was too far out. However, as there are a few places in De Pijp and around that are on the radar, it doesn't look too much further. Troost Westergas looks a bit out of the way - is it worth making the effort to get there over Troost De Pijp (which I've been to before). Bret also looks a bit out of the way but easy to drop in there on the way to Den Haag the following day if we feel like it.

Once again, thanks.

Borresteijn
beers 11323 º places 404 º 02:50 Tue 9/5/2017

Yeah, the new places are further out than the 'classics'. Troost Westergas is nice, but it will take up considerable time. It's relatively close to the center but there are only one or 2 buses that stop there. Beer selection will be the same, although both locations have their own brewery.
Bret is easy to reach if you go by train indeed, and although it's a nice place, it's not a must-see. Good spot if you have some time to kill though. I think Tap Zuid is the one you should be aiming for, besides Wateringhole (modern, great selection, good value) and Foeders (lovely old-school bar á la In de Wildeman, expensive imho).

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 08:23 Tue 9/5/2017

Originally posted by Borresteijn
I think Tap Zuid is the one you should be aiming for, besides Wateringhole (modern, great selection, good value) and Foeders (lovely old-school bar á la In de Wildeman, expensive imho).

Yep, that sounds like the best plan.

Little Delirium straight off the train.
Wildeman for the traditional opening time snifter after dropping off bags at the hotel.
Head towards Tap Zuid (taking in some of the places in De Pijp & around) + Wateringhole + Foeders. Although I've been to Cafe Brecht & Dopey's Elixer before I have no recollection of them whatsoever so might look in again. It's going to be a bit of a zig zag route because some of the places don't open until 16:00
Back into the centre for Arendsnest earlyish evening, followed by some of the central classics, depending on time available/my beer capacity.

Poesiat & Kater doesn't really fit into that itinerary and it doesn't seem to have much else around or on the way, so that can wait for another time.

Thanks again Rob.