Iowa in the House!

Reads 5942 • Replies 44 • Started Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:24:18 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4375 º places 76 º 11:42 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by pepsican
Update: Naddy Daddy has just hit the shelves here in Iowa City.

You guyz better watch out, we got that business over a month ago round deez partz. Folks in yer neighborhood talkin’ bout Ruthless Rye not comin’ round till next month. Corona Familar was also late to your local. Nexx thing you know we’ll be taking all your Cantiloons!

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 11:51 Wed 1/18/2012

I saw some Natty Daddy in Florida, nice to know I can get it closer to home.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:51 Wed 1/18/2012

We got Ruthless Rye in and it tastes worse than Torpedo somehow.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:53 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by csbosox

I bought it last night drunk thinking it was Bud Lite priced at $1.29 for a 24 oz can. I don’t remember much after around 11:30 last night but I did text someone a picture of a cat and sent a message to someone else stating " I dislike mayonaise"

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4375 º places 76 º 11:53 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by csbosox

Oh it is all over Gas Stations in Southern Iowa.

heykevin
beers 1281 º 15:31 Wed 1/18/2012

Hell the Ruthless is even up here in Decorah. I don’t know why you don’t have it down in the Moines, Andy.

heykevin
beers 1281 º 15:35 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Originally posted by OSLO
Now all six of us can talk about living in different towns and never seeing each other ON THE FORUMS!

Are any of the six users up in NE Iowa? I want to stop by Toppling Goliath some time, but even from Ames it is a long drive to Decorah. Any other under the radar IA breweries/brewpubs that I should be on the lookout for?

badbeer works at Toppling Goliath, in my few exchanges with him I’ve found him to be very good company and would likely show you the ropes in Decorah.

Under the radar?
There is a new place in southwestern Iowa called Keg Creek it’s in Glenwood, which I’m told is fairly close to Omaha. Anyway, their IPA is on tap at El Bait Shop and I like it very well. If that beer is any indication of the others they’re one to watch.

I was really lukewarm about Twisted Vine at first, but they seem to be working kinks out and putting out some nice beer.

There is a tiny brewery starting on a Brew Magic in what used to be the keg storage of This Place, in Waterloo. They’re calling themselves Guerrilla Brewing, but I have no clue when they’ll be up and running or if they will be good, I am of course assured by folks who work in the building that yes, they will make good beer.

I live in Decorah, and can occasionally be coaxed out of hiding.

And as for Guerrilla Brewing I heard from the owner yesterday that they’re still in license limbo. The test beers taste pretty good, though.

Cheers,

Kevin

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4375 º places 76 º 17:24 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by heykevin
Hell the Ruthless is even up here in Decorah. I don’t know why you don’t have it down in the Moines, Andy.

Yeah, we got it here too. I was trying to mock Iowa City Andy about how we get some stuff before them, but I failed on this account. As far as suggesting Decorah folk I’m embarrassed that I forgot to throw your name into the hat. My performance in this thread would be a serious loss were it not for the B.O.B video.

heemer77
beers 5783 º places 232 º 21:43 Wed 1/18/2012

Now all six of us can talk about living in different towns and never seeing each other ON THE FORUMS!

Are any of the six users up in NE Iowa? I want to stop by Toppling Goliath some time, but even from Ames it is a long drive to Decorah. Any other under the radar IA breweries/brewpubs that I should be on the lookout for?

Isn’t Exile Brewing supposed to be opening soon?

I would love to get some Toppling Goliath in DM!

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4375 º places 76 º 05:20 Thu 1/19/2012

Originally posted by heemer77

Isn’t Exile Brewing supposed to be opening soon?

I would love to get some Toppling Goliath in DM!

I saw a light on in the top window of the brewery just about a week ago. Not that I’m brewery stalking or anything, but it is close to my house.