Jackie O’s Bottle Release

Reads 1985 • Replies 12 • Started Friday, February 22, 2013 1:40:22 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:40 Fri 2/22/2013

Anyone going?

Bottle Release - 3/2/2013: Oil of Aphrodite, Berliner Weisse, and Cellar Cuvee 7. I see the hours are 9am-4pm. Anybody chime in on how fast they typically go?

Moved to Columbus in December and have been waiting for an event to go check these guys out. I’d rather get there around noon, but sure don’t wanna miss any of these bottles.

Not much RB love here in the Columbus area?

jmikolich
beers 1486 º places 112 º 13:56 Fri 2/22/2013

Most of the folks who made up the columbus crew dont frequent the site as much anymore, a little closer to the event people may start checking around.

StFun, thebaldwizard, puddintane and ogglethorpe are all good people who I’ve had the pleasure of meeting at a Jackie O’s event.

If its like their anniversary party, they will distribute calendar pages the night before around 4 or 5pm (people will likely be lined up already for these) and then you can buy your alotment the next day as your page/day is called, this being a smaller release it may be less crowded but their popularity is ever growing.

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 14:00 Fri 2/22/2013

I plan on going, assuming I can get the day off! We love Jackie-Os for sure, here in Cincinnati. We just talk about it in person more. I’ve only been to one bottle release before, but it was extremely smoothly run. There was a ticket system, but bottles were available for at least a couple hours after the initial sales, if I recall correctly.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:28 Fri 2/22/2013

Me and the wife will be there, I’ll bump this closer to the event. Love to share some bottles, too.

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 14:37 Fri 2/22/2013

I won’t be there, but wish I could meet up with a new Columbus homie. The bottles usually go fast, and the calendar page system will almost certainly be used. I’ve never been there for a release when there weren’t people waiting in line...

I will say that Jackie O’s handles bottle releases very well, and you will have a ton of stuff to drink on tap while you’re waiting. The food there is great--especially the pizza, and the servers have always been very cool with me, even when they are very busy.

Next time we have a Columbus tasting, which isn’t often anymore--I’ll be sure to message you.

michcam8
beers 593 º places 34 º 15:07 Fri 2/22/2013

Hey Guyute...I am a Columbus RBeerian, fairly new to the site. I may go as well, depends on my schedule (four kids, so my weekends can be hectic). I went to school in Athens, OH and have always loved going to Jackie O’s since graduating. I have a very good friend who still lives there and will for sure be down there for Ohio Brew Week. Every time I am down there, the staff is always friendly, even if it is crowded and takes the time to discuss the multiple beers they have on tap.

Any Columbus tasting in the future I would love to be a part of.

Cheers!

Puddintane
beers 2 º 16:08 Fri 2/22/2013

I will be there. Releases are always a blast though this one will be markedly different as there willnot be as many Jackie O’s beers on tap. That being said, JO’s always does a stellar job of making releases a great time. I will warn you that the anniversary party was crazy packed and you had to be in line for calendar pages before 7 on Friday in order to get bottles. I would be shocked if it is like that again but you never know with the growing popularity. Shoot me message if you end up going...

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 19:19 Thu 2/28/2013

Look forward to meeting everyone! Still no details from Jackie’s... I don’t rate much, but Wilds and Berliners are my favorite atm and I sure don’t wanna miss trying new stuff. Can we share bottles? I got a 2011 Hunahpus I don’t wanna let go any further that I’d love to share.

alexsdad06
beers 18007 º places 78 º 20:00 Thu 2/28/2013

No bottle share at Jackie O’s anymore. They have had one a couple doors down on Friday night the past couple releases.

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 00:19 Fri 3/1/2013

There is a BA-organized bottle share over at O-Betty’s 3 doors down, starting at 9pm on Friday. I can’t speak for the crowd, but I brought a couple bottles to share last December and was welcomed to join without any RSVP (they prefer an RSVP though - to give the venue a heads-up)

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 07:14 Thu 5/30/2013

Originally posted by jmikolich
StFun, thebaldwizard, puddintane and ogglethorpe are all good people

Clearly we have not been doing our jobs if this is how people see us.

Damn I am getting antsy to visit JOs soon!