Köln 24. Und 25. August

Reads 639 • Replies 5 • Started Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:33:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SVD
beers 6224 º places 329 º 16:33 Wed 8/9/2017

Hey guys,

Sorry to do this in English but my German fails me at the moment.

So im going the 24th and 25th of August to Köln.

The 24th will be for Gamescom in the morning and early afternoon, after that i plan on wandering in the city and go beerhunting before i will take my train back home somewhere near midnight.

The 25th i will come back by car for another event in the city, but im not going to be drinking beer that day.

I have been to Cologne before, but i was like 14 so honestly, i dont know any beer related stuff.
Any recommendations ?

my plan for the 24th is going to a few Kölsch brauhausen, Päffgen being very high on that list. And ofcourse i can look at the top scores of the places, but what are some recommendations you have?

My plan for the 25th is maybe going earlier in the afternoon and try and locate some good stores for some beer, because i will be by car and a can load that one full with stuff. I have a green vignet so i can drive in the city centre, so i will try to find a central parkhaus and will wander from there.

Walking isnt a problem, U-Bahn isnt a problem, just want to be able to create a fast route that i could walk/whatever in a few hours.

If there are people in Cologne those days, and you want to trade with me? i have a few local small breweries in the are. PM me if you are interested.

Mit freundliche Grüßen

Stefano

SinH4
beers 15477 º places 416 º 17:17 Wed 8/9/2017

Most Kölsch places are easily walkable within each other, you’ll be able to do a mostly full round of Kölsch in one evening.

Koelschtrinker can give you the best route, I’m sure he’ll jump in here soon.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4609 º 17:58 Wed 8/9/2017

I haven’t been to Craft Beer Corner but it looks like a good bet. I have been to Braustelle and that’s my favorite in Köln.

If you meet up with koelschtrinker be sure to look for some maibocks

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 02:50 Thu 8/10/2017

I can show you around on the 24th if you want. Intown brewpubs are doable in anevening, probably expaniding to some places by car might be an option.

For the 25th: Schneider Getränke Longerich, P&M Getränke Bonn. Bierlager and Braukunstladen are options but definetly only if the other ones are already crossed out, definetly big overlaps in the beers the two last ones have in the stores.

Gene, join us and I will make sure we get some Ice-Cider Maibock Irish Ales :-D

@SVD
also up for a trade

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4609 º 14:01 Thu 8/10/2017

Originally posted by Koelschtrinker

SVD
beers 6224 º places 329 º 10:47 Sun 8/13/2017

Originally posted by Koelschtrinker
I can show you around on the 24th if you want. Intown brewpubs are doable in anevening, probably expaniding to some places by car might be an option.

For the 25th: Schneider Getränke Longerich, P&M Getränke Bonn. Bierlager and Braukunstladen are options but definetly only if the other ones are already crossed out, definetly big overlaps in the beers the two last ones have in the stores.

@SVD
also up for a trade

I will PM you,