Little Creatures Pale falls out of the Australian top 50

Reads 554 • Replies 4 • Started Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:49:55 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hawthorne00
beers 8559 º places 63 º 07:49 Thu 6/18/2015

Maybe with things getting retired it will sneak back for a while, but as of now it’s gone from the top 50.

Still in mine, though. And every time I go a couple of months without having one I’m reminded why. It’s not like there wasn’t good beer to be had here before 2000 - or indeed as far back as the 1980s - but this seemed like a miracle when it arrived: modern, but an Australian beer with US and UK influences rather than an attempt to imitate.

ALLOVATE
beers 3852 º places 111 º 03:12 Sun 6/21/2015

With that list I am more impressed by 2 of Thorogoods Billy B’s still retaining their top 50 spots after 10 years. Really out there and impressive for the time.

Not sure I’m too phased by LC Pale ale getting the nudge. I love the beer but what’s coming out amongst brewers now is far superior by comparison IMO. Would have loved to have tried the brews of Brewtech (Sail & Anchor, Matilda Bay) back in the day before they started Little Creatures.

hawthorne00
beers 8559 º places 63 º 07:48 Wed 6/24/2015

Originally posted by ALLOVATE
With that list I am more impressed by 2 of Thorogoods Billy B’s still retaining their top 50 spots after 10 years. Really out there and impressive for the time.

They’re two that might sadly be on the cusp of retirement - nate2g is looking into it.

Would have loved to have tried the brews of Brewtech (Sail & Anchor, Matilda Bay) back in the day before they started Little Creatures.
I remember having some in the late ’80s after returning from holidays in the UK and Europe having discovered that beer wasn’t all like VB. The old Pils was a revelation - clean, lean and very floral. At around $30 a six pack _then_, I didn’t drink much of it.

ALLOVATE
beers 3852 º places 111 º 03:55 Tue 7/7/2015

Yeah, I see that the Thorogoods website is down and they are re-opening soon as The Burra Scrumpy Cumpany. Would hate to see the brews retired.

nate2g
beers 1548 º places 1290 º 06:27 Tue 7/7/2015

I’m heading to Adelaide on Thursday and will ask around and see what I can find out. Indeed, it will be sad to see the Billy B’s go.