Looking to plan a summer new england gathering in NH / VT?

Reads 458 • Replies 8 • Started Friday, June 2, 2017 12:23:49 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 12:23 Fri 6/2/2017

I had a lot of fun with our Waterbury one 3 years ago. I think we’re overdue for another. Boston is hard to plan. It just is. I think Schilling (way up in Littleton) would love to host us if I asked them. but that’s a long drive. There aren’t a lot of NH breweries I love to drink at but ask around to those of you who have local brewery relationships in NH/VT or ME and see if any of them want to host us for food & drinks?

In the mean-time, I’ll likely be doing a July tasting at my new place in central NH. Tents are allowed out back. I think someone offered to bring a Barrel Aged 4th Dimension Keg. We’ll have a keg from Hill Farmstead, BCS, Eden Ice Cider and the Kuhnhenn 4D on draft. I have a few 1.5 & 3 liter bottles of beers I need to open.

----

This is not necessarily an open invite as there are some people on RB I just don’t care to drink with again (belligerent drunks mostly) but those people like 3 out of the dozens of us in New England I’ve drank with.

No point in this thread in general but let me know if you ant to drink with us in July @ my place. And if you have a local brewery you think would host us for an evening of food and drinks, let me know and we can figure out a date & head-count.

in the mean-time, so we have some progress, I’m putting up two date-pickers. The first is a date you’d be free to drink some stouts & magnums @ my place and the other is a date you’d like to have a ratebeer new england gathering @ a brewery or five. Please include your username. Whatever date is most popular will be the one picked for both events.

RB Gathering: https://doodle.com/poll/mkb8f43qi5qcvurz Pick as many dates as you are free

Adam’s House Tasting: https://doodle.com/poll/kputcav4iahuy68h

ClarkVV
beers 13614 º places 112 º 16:59 Fri 6/2/2017

Non-Barrel Aged Fourth Dimentia. From 2004

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 17:16 Fri 6/2/2017

BANNED.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4609 º 18:19 Fri 6/2/2017

I’m hoping to make it to Ebenezer’s Belgian Fest this year, in case that’s in your general neck of the woods

ClarkVV
beers 13614 º places 112 º 18:20 Fri 6/2/2017

Originally posted by AdamChandler
BANNED.

Damn it. I knew I should have gone with the BA version.

AirForceHops
beers 15244 º places 226 º 22:18 Fri 6/2/2017

I know you have a good intention here. But after trying to schedule one in Boston Last year, I realized something.

You have to just choose a date and a location and people will try to work it into their schedule.
It’s really, really difficult to get a general consensus. Because people change their minds, issues with family, job obligations, etc.
Good luck buddy!

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 22:35 Fri 6/2/2017

Alright. Maybe I start a new threat with a date?

Will get back to you once I’m sober.

ClarkVV
beers 13614 º places 112 º 22:50 Fri 6/2/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
I’m hoping to make it to Ebenezer’s Belgian Fest this year, in case that’s in your general neck of the woods

I think myself and jtclockwork are tentatively planning to go

mcox90
beers 3064 º places 61 º 05:09 Tue 6/6/2017

My wife and I really enjoyed the Waterbury gathering. Would love to get together again. Unfortunately, I work Saturday until 1:00pm and I go on vacation in July, so I’ve used up my "goodwill" for July. I’ll continue to follow this forum though.