Minnesota Breweries-in-Planning 2017 Part 2

Reads 4935 • Replies 39 • Started Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:24:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 15:28 Tue 8/22/2017

An operation called Lake City Brewing Company may be in the works for Lake City, Minnesota (southeast of Red Wing). I say "may be" because there’s some evidence that the plan is on hold or canceled, and it doesn’t seem to be far along. File under "Barely Worth Mentioning."

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 15:37 Tue 8/22/2017

It’s not a brewery, but Red Cow, a beer-oriented local bar and restaurant chain, has opened a location in the Uptown Minneapolis former Green Mill space.

https://twincities.eater.com/2017/8/22/16183470/uptowns-red-cow-uptown-minneapolis-address-hours-menu

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 19:35 Tue 8/22/2017

Cold Spring based Cidery, Milk & Honey, will open a taproom in St Joseph Minnesota on Friday, August 25th.

Claim that they will offer 8 different ciders at a time with a decent turnover rate

Apparently already available? in stores but I’ve never had it.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 21:27 Fri 9/1/2017

Starry Eyed Brewing Company in Little Falls opens on Friday, September 8. https://growlermag.com/now-open-or-damn-close-starry-eyed-brewing-company/

Menomonie, Wisconsin brewery-in-planning: Zymurgy Public House. Hat tip to HeadRetention at the other site. https://www.facebook.com/JonTheBrewer/

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 11:05 Sun 9/3/2017

Updates on some St. Paul BIPs, courtesy of Jess Fleming of the Pioneer Press:

On the most recent episode of The Minnesota BeerCast, Fleming reports that both Waldmann and Yoerg plan to open their locations on 10-1-17 (a Sunday, which seems like a weird day of the week for an opening). My understanding was that Yoerg is going to have a brewing component on site along with serving the Wisconsin-contract-brewed Yoerg beer (i.e., that it will be a brewpub), but Fleming says that Yoerg is merely going to be a bar.

Fleming also reports regarding Stacked Deck: "It's a huge taproom. They have 180 seats, and it's expected February or March."

She says that Clutch plans to open in spring 2018.

http://minnesotabeercast.com/episodes/minnesota-state-fair-redux/

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 19:49 Fri 9/8/2017

14 Lakes Craft Brewery in Crosslake opened last weekend. Hat tip to TroutLakeBeer at the other site.

Cantankerous Brewing Company in Grand Rapids has changed its name to Klockow Brewing Company and expects to open in mid- to late October. Hat tip to JakeJohnson at the other site.

Chaz relays a new BIP for Minneapolis: Arbeiter Brewing.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 10:02 Sun 9/10/2017

surfninja at the other site wrote on Saturday, 9-9-17, "Shakopee Brew Hall is opening next Thursday." I haven't found any confirmation by Shakopee Brew Hall, and I don't know if "next Thursday" means 9-14-17 (which I would call "this Thursday") or 9-21-17.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 17:20 Mon 9/11/2017

Giesenbräu Bier Co. in New Prague opened this past weekend, according to HeadRetention at the other site. Also, according to a Giesenbräu Facebook post earlier today (9-11-17): "It's happening! We will be open this Friday 12-7 and Saturday 2 until the bier is gone! There will be Hefeweizen and Pale Ale on tap, and 750mL crowlers to go! #Dozinky #BierTogether #SoftOpening"

Back Channel Brewing in Spring Park, Facebook, 9-10-17: "Our exclusive, pre-launch member party will be Saturday, September 16." Hat tip to JakeJohnson at the other site.

Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky at the other site: "Chapel Brewing [in Dundas] was pouring a blonde and a stout at DJJD in Northfield this weekend. The blonde was fine but nothing exciting and the stout was rich and complex. The folks pouring said they'd be open in the next couple weeks."

Dangeruss
beers 35 º 20:25 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by islay
Giesenbräu Bier Co. in New Prague opened this past weekend, according to HeadRetention at the other site. Also, according to a Giesenbräu Facebook post earlier today (9-11-17): "It's happening! We will be open this Friday 12-7 and Saturday 2 until the bier is gone! There will be Hefeweizen and Pale Ale on tap, and 750mL crowlers to go! #Dozinky #BierTogether #SoftOpening"

They are opening this weekend not last weekend

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 22:34 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by Dangeruss
Originally posted by islay

They are opening this weekend not last weekend

Thanks for the clarification. I misread the post at the other site.