New England Summer Gathering 2016

Reads 298 • Replies 2 • Started Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:32:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AirForceHops
beers 15172 º places 226 º 12:32 Wed 5/25/2016

Due to the expenses of hotel rooms, conference rooms and the beer bus we had to reconsider Boston as the location of the New England gathering. (hotels in Boston were asking between $375.00 – $425.00 for the use of a conference room)

So, Willrunforbeer, Chalumeaux, and I are exploring areas of Seacoast Southern Maine and Portsmouth as a possible location and have reached out to a few businesses for a dinner and bottle share venue.
If we actually can secure a location, I will update this post. However, we are starting to run short on time.

We are in a holding pattern on this event.

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 13:21 Wed 5/25/2016

Thanks for doing this research.

I’m not trying to change the plan not midstream, but I’m curious if this couldn’t be done without renting out a conference room? Has anyone tried reserving a private room at a bar we would plan to patronize anyway and ask if they mind if we bring in outside bottles? I’m sure not every place is willing to do this, but I know some will. If not that, perhaps just hang out in someone’s hotel room late night and share some beer?

I’m just thinking if people want to do this, but the major barrier is the cost of a conference room, there are ways around that. I don’t think this needs to be done on a grand scale to be fun for everyone. And I’d extend the same thought process to doing this up on the seacoast somewhere. See if there’s a way to do this without the conference room rental before going down that path. Just my $.02

AirForceHops
beers 15172 º places 226 º 13:55 Wed 5/25/2016

We appreciate the feedback.
Yeah, even with small bar’s, the establishments are worried about their liquor licenses. We are reaching out to a few smaller places and hoping something could be worked.
The idea of doing a growler bus tour and renting out a campsite and then camping in the woods has also been added to the mix. Of course it would be a rain or shine event. But not sure how well received that idea would be.

However, time is our biggest enemy now. I would have pushed this farther (and done more reach on my own) but I really didn’t have much free time until about 10 days ago.
Any other idea’s or connections are always welcomed.