One Day in STL

Reads 3869 • Replies 66 • Started Monday, November 21, 2016 10:48:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 17:54 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by sethdude
I can probably hit Earthbound and Civil Life, then.

Are the Ratebeer opening times accurate or should I check Facebook / websites?

I’ll probably end up skipping Perennial. It’s a bit out of the way, and I’ve been disappointed by many of their beers.

So I guess I’ll start at Earthbound @ noon.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 20:02 Wed 12/7/2016

Rule out perennial after seeing what they have that day. If they have something like vanilla abraxas, then its worth the stop. If you are going to Civil Life youre only 5 miles from Perennial.

But if they dont have something amazing on tap, I agree, pursue other options since Perennial is on shelves nationwide.

seymour
beers 2594 º places 50 º 20:36 Wed 12/7/2016

Hey all, this is Seymour, brewer at The Civil Life. You should definitely check-out our ambient and delicious pub, but...just to throw a wrench in the works, I’ll be pouring alongside most local breweries at the nearby Great St Louis Czech Beer Fest, Sat from noon-5. Would be a great chance to sample tons of locals and specially imported Czech pivo for one ticket price: stlczechbeerfest.eventbrite.com Cheers!

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 20:41 Wed 12/7/2016

Well played Seymour, well played!

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 20:50 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by seymour
Hey all, this is Seymour, brewer at The Civil Life. You should definitely check-out our ambient and delicious pub, but...just to throw a wrench in the works, I’ll be pouring alongside most local breweries at the nearbyvGreat St Louis Czech Beer Fest, Sat from noon-5. Would be a great chance to sample tons of locals and specially imported Czech pivo for one ticket price: stlczechbeerfest.eventbrite.com Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I’ll stick to touring the places, mainly cause I want to see the town (not to mention pick up some place ticks). Civil Life is definitely on my list, and I’m looking forward to it!

seymour
beers 2594 º places 50 º 07:07 Thu 12/8/2016

Great, we’re looking forward to meeting you too. Our porter and dry-hopped Premium Bitter and Dusseldorf Altbier are on now, and among our best IMHO. We’ll have at least 10 other taps and 2 beer engines going too. Cheers!

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 19:49 Thu 12/8/2016

Its too bad you can’t add 4 Hands to that list. They are very close to Interstate 55 so are very convenient. Excellent beers, too. Also, if you are looking for place ticks, after Side Project stop into Schlafly Bottle Works. They are only a block or two apart so you can walk there easily. Also, their tap lists are not quite the same as their downtown location so you might be able to pick up a tick or two.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 22:07 Thu 12/8/2016

Originally posted by Strykzone
Its too bad you can’t add 4 Hands to that list. They are very close to Interstate 55 so are very convenient. Excellent beers, too. Also, if you are looking for place ticks, after Side Project stop into Schlafly Bottle Works. They are only a block or two apart so you can walk there easily. Also, their tap lists are not quite the same as their downtown location so you might be able to pick up a tick or two.

Kinda thinking 4 Hands if I have the sobriety,

Being a law student, my tolerance isn’t what it was a few months ago.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 16:25 Sat 12/10/2016

I can give you a ride from Earthbound to Civil Life. After that, I have to head to a child’s birthday party.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 16:36 Sat 12/10/2016

Whats your current itinerary? Where are you getting a hotel? When do you get in? When do you leave? I might be able to pull something off, and give you a ride depending on timing/location.