Quick question before "official" iintroduction

Reads 3414 • Replies 27 • Started Thursday, May 21, 2015 3:27:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OnTheTrail
beers 1272 º places 37 º 16:02 Thu 5/28/2015

And yes, I came here after a few months of rating and posting in a very popular beer site. I got a little tired of having my threads (completely uncontroversial) deleted for what seemed to me to be entirely arbitrary reasons (for example - duplicate thread, but with no hint from the mod which thread I should look at instead - finally I started titling my requests for suggestions with pretentious words like "my personal beer journey" so I could ask for examples available in my area, etc without them being deleted as dupes. Some googling revealed that the individual involved is much as I had come to envision him. I know myself well enough to expect that at some point I will lose it with this individual, and find myself banned, and I did not want to risk my ratings. I still find much to like about that other site, and still post there, but I now only rate over here.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40933 º places 1239 º 16:09 Thu 5/28/2015

I’m watching you ...

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 23:14 Thu 5/28/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
I’m watching you ...

SHIG
admin
beers 13117 º places 502 º 01:25 Fri 5/29/2015

There are many folks that have in the past or still use both sites. Here in Anchorage most of the tasting group meetings are arranged through BA because so many only have accounts on there, but I’ve always rate here. I also try to convert as many people as I can. Welcome to RateBeer and enjoy the great beer community we have here!...Shawn

OnTheTrail
beers 1272 º places 37 º 15:12 Fri 5/29/2015

and no, I do not live in the Valley. I live in Alexandria. The handle is a reference to biking in Northern Virginia, which has several great trails, one (the W&OD) with several very interesting breweries along the route. I do like to go the SNP to hike, but have never been on the AT for more than a few miles.

malvrich
beers 931 º places 5 º 16:25 Fri 5/29/2015

Are you one of the Bros defecting ?
All very cryptic!

Yeah I also reposted a couple dozen ratings at once when I’d had enough of BothAssholes.com.
Welcome!

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 19:10 Fri 5/29/2015

Originally posted by OnTheTrail
Will everyone understand if I post a bunch of beer ratings right away - that they are all genuine from tastings over several months, but that circumstances mean I am putting them up here now? For a reason that may be common I guess?

You will be banned! But no... this ain’t beer advocate. Go for it! Cheers mate