StL Craft Beer Week!

Reads 1093 • Replies 12 • Started Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:09:19 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 17:09 Sun 7/23/2017

By this time next week it will be well underway. If you have not downloaded the app yet I highly suggest doing so. Search iTunes or the Play store under the title above and you will find it.

Who is doing what events? I am going to hit as many as possible and the biggest one will be the Belgian Beer Fest.

I noticed almost every day that AB was having an event at their beer garten. I might attend some of them. They are going to pour some of their experimental stuff from their lab. Maybe Vyvvy can help. Can those be added here?

It is going to be a GREAT week. Hope to see several of you during it!

Cheers!!

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 19:08 Sun 7/23/2017

If the SWAMP ASS alert continues into Craft Beer Week, I may pass on a few events. If the weather cooperates, I’ll hit as many as I can. Send you a text when I figure out what I will attend. Hope to see the STL crowd at a few events. Cheers!

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 21:31 Sun 7/23/2017

I’ve not even seen what the AB stuff is or what sort of events they have, so can’t make a call at this point. I’ll try to give a gander tomorrow.

I’m going to try to hit the Firestone Walker XX event at a Nick’s pub and one or two of the things at Six Mile Bridge. But all up in the air - some variables that could keep me from doing much.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 07:16 Mon 7/24/2017

Heres the schedule:

http://stlbeerweek.com/schedule/

I am so far Im planning to goto:

7/30 Sat 11-2 --> the Cuginos brunch.
8/1 Sun 6-10p I’m So ExStouted @ CBC http://stlbeerweek.com/event/im-so-exstouted/

Im keeping an eye on Elijah Ps, Perennial, Old Bakery, and now that John mentioned it, Six Mile Bridge.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 09:23 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by Strykzone

I noticed almost every day that AB was having an event at their beer garten. I might attend some of them. They are going to pour some of their experimental stuff from their lab. Maybe Vyvvy can help. Can those be added here?

Pretty vague on the "experimental" beer events. It will pretty much come down to this - if you pay a fee to get into the event (similar to a fest) and those are being poured as part of the price of admission, they can be added. If you pay by the pour, they can be added. If you show up and just get freebie tastes, please don’t add them.

At this point the only definite I’m attending is the Nick’s Pub Firestone Walker XX event - love their barrel aging above almost anyone. Hope to make the Six Mile Bridge surprise release party (crossing my fingers for Bourbon Barrel aged Barleywine). Would like to go to Perennial Remix, but wondering if that will be dumb crowded. Anyone attended the remix in the past & able to chime in on the crowd level?

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 18:58 Thu 7/27/2017

I’m going to Kendricks Friday night, only because it is on the way home from work, maybe worth a tick or three. Plus the bbq is decent. Anyone else wanna join me?

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 20:02 Thu 7/27/2017

Doran, the Hendricks BBQ sounds great but I am trying to stay a little closer to home.

John, thanks for the info. I will use that as a guide.

Is anyone going to the Brewers Picnic on Friday? I might try to work that in.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 20:52 Thu 7/27/2017

I dont understand the Breweres picnic. Is it pay for entry, pay for pour, or what?

If my wife gets off work early enough we may go to Scratch tomorrow eve (depending on what their beer menu for the weekend looks like).

If we dont go to Scratch I may go to Brewers picnic if its something inexpensive that I can goto for an hour or so.

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 09:36 Fri 7/28/2017

Never been to the Brewers picnic, anyone know how it works?

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 14:05 Fri 7/28/2017

Doran, information on it is scarce. I plan to stop in to see what it is about. The venue is downtown. Hopefully parking is available.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2978 º places 37 º 06:08 Wed 8/2/2017

Anyone going to anything the rest of the week?

Im interested in stopping by Perennial Remix on Fri for a short time. Is the beer list anywhere? If not can you give me an idea of whats been there before?

John what time are you going to Six Mile Bridge on Fri for the special release? I asked what style it was going to be and the bartender didnt know much other than it will be on draft.

Greg