The DRB - The Democratic Republic of Beer

Reads 1223 • Replies 5 • Started Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:05:50 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 06:05 Wed 12/12/2012

So there seems to be two different locations now, within walking distance.

In their online beer list I find 8 new countries for me, that alone makes me willing to visit!

Didn’t even know of this place until last night.

I’ve been to many bars that boast with packed list of bottled beers though, and many of them come up short once you start asking for specific bottles from odd countries.

Any experience as to how well kept they are, if I go in and ask for the beers from Barbados, Bolivia etc, will I leave without new countries or do you think they can hook me up?

Also anyone that have been to both locations and would recommend one over the other?

Any help would be much appreciated.

---

Looks like my pre-cruise Sunday will be beer packed, perhaps I should skip the hotel, stay at the bars until 5 am, then head straight for the port, haha

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 14:28 Mon 12/17/2012

Well, depends on what you’re hunting though I’d say.
If they can actually help me get up to 8 new countries, well, there’s just not that many bars around that can do that.

Appreciate the response though!

I’ve found Miami rather difficult for the beer geek, though of course I haven’t spent all that much time there.

Had a few visits to Titanic, Gordon Biersch, Burger & Beer - both Brickell and Miami beach location, Abraxas, Abbey Brewing, and some random bars.

Loved the setting at Abraxas, but quite a few of the bottles had way past due date from the taste of it.

Oakes
admin
beers 30838 º places 1135 º 02:46 Tue 12/18/2012

Liked DRB just fine when it was walking distance. Plus it’s close to the Heat games and the Arsht Center. No real complaints - not every beer bar can be Akkurat.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 03:51 Tue 12/18/2012

OK, thanks!

chardlogic
07:20 Tue 1/8/2013

If "beers of the world" (non-German, Belgian, British) are what you’re after, I would suggest to hit up Rio Station on Lincoln Rd. (where Zeke’s Roadhouse was). They tend to rotate their various country light lagers pretty well, since tourists often go there and drink their own native beers.

Abraxas is very decent, and gets a good cross-section of craft, you just have to stay afloat on what the new releases are and order those (or ask the bartender)

Finally, most of the good craft beer bars are up in Ft. Lauderdale and beyond, if you have the means to get up there. Hope this helps!

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 11:29 Sun 1/13/2013

Thanks!

Rio Station is a very likely for me, though it is not likely I’ll leave the Miami Beach area this trip, arrive fairly late Saturday evening and leaving on the metal crusie come Monday.

Did Abraxas in December, liked it, draught was nice, though plenty of the bottles had passed their BB date.