The RBSG food thread.

Reads 2203 • Replies 16 • Started Monday, July 6, 2009 8:34:32 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hmmiexist
17:52 Mon 7/6/2009

I don’t want to be a thorn in your side, but are approximate prices ranges associated with the dollar sign scale?

faro99
beers 2 º 21:29 Mon 7/6/2009

I hit Dottie’s every time I come to town. Great breakfasts. Last time it was an hour wait and I only got hit up for money 3 or 4 times.

Saturday morning I recommend the Ferry Market Plaza. Anything from Roli Roti. They have whole ducks and chickens but the best is the pork sandwich only available for a short time after they remove it from the roaster.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 21:41 Mon 7/6/2009

Another restaurant worth mentioning (highly recommended by me) is

Bar Crudo
655 Divisadero
phone 415.409.0679

Mon - Sat
5 to 11pm

Sunday
5 to 10pm

Commonly called "sushi for people who hate sushi" it’s fresh and raw seafood done exceptionally well. Rewarding for the seafood slightly-challenged. It’s small, intimate and they offer several good beers - and not far from the hotel.

http://www.barcrudo.com/

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 23:45 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by joet

Bar Crudo
655 Divisadero
phone 415.409.0679

Mon - Sat
5 to 11pm

Sunday
5 to 10pm

Commonly called "sushi for people who hate sushi" it’s fresh and raw seafood done exceptionally well. Rewarding for the seafood slightly-challenged. It’s small, intimate and they offer several good beers - and not far from the hotel.

There are people who like raw fish that don’t like sushi? Does this include sashimi? If so, I’m confused...and angry.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 23:57 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by DaSilky1
Originally posted by joet

Bar Crudo
655 Divisadero
phone 415.409.0679

Mon - Sat
5 to 11pm

Sunday
5 to 10pm

There are people who like raw fish that don’t like sushi? Does this include sashimi? If so, I’m confused...and angry.

As you should. I think there are people that can be made to eat raw fish and like it who say they are fearful of sushi. Crudo is there for conversions. They do have some sashimi stuff. Arctic char seems to the Westy 12 fish of the moment.

mwsf
beers 361 º places 3 º 21:19 Tue 7/7/2009

Check out yelp.com for any of the places that sound interesting. Yelp is pretty huge in SF and is generally a good source of info. Chowhound.com is another really good source of info.