This is what a botched UPS tracking looks like:

Reads 1897 • Replies 6 • Started Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:00:29 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:00 Wed 1/4/2017

NH to MI is 2-3 days at most. Yes, there was the NYE holiday but on day one, the packaged showed there was a routing delay (never seen that before) then it was delayed again then at 1AM damage was reported.

I’ll be sending out more bottles to the person but this was one of the weirdest tracking downward spirals I’ve seen.

Travlr
beers 33951 º places 4617 º 08:02 Wed 1/4/2017

Madison Heights at 1 AM is not a safe place, I’m guessing?

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:09 Wed 1/4/2017

The times were so strange. maybe the night-crew (temp workers this time of year) broke it? Maybe it was broken on the 1/03 delay and no one got around to logging it until night time?

It took a very long time to get to MI which was my first hunch. on day one’s delay I had a feeling this box was bad-luck.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 08:21 Wed 1/4/2017

This is where BlackIPA would normally chime in and say that anything other than USPS is expensive and a waste.

Seriously though, I had an international package where a single bottle broke. When I went to go pick it up the USPS lady was like, "well, that smells interesting. Hope something survived." And wished me a good day.

Similar thing happened about 6 months ago with FedEx. They called me and said I could come pick up the rest of the unbroken bottles. Got there and had to wait ten minutes for the guy in the back to carefully wrap each surviving bottle and re box the beer.

UPS sucks.

Is that FedEx guy in Utah still stealing all the cantilloons?

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 08:30 Wed 1/4/2017

I forgot about the Loon thief. I hope he is well.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:54 Wed 1/4/2017

On the contrary, I sent a total of 3 boxes through FedEx this year, both were confiscated. USPS, one box and that was returned to me.

UPS has always treated me fairly compared to other shipping companies.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:31 Wed 1/4/2017

I honestly think with all the shipments, it comes down to specific employees. People who take their job super seriously and follow the rules will confiscate/destroy/drink. People who are chill will let you pick up unbroken bottles. This applies to UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.

There isn’t a better or worse company, they just have different employees who handle stuff differently.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer