Visiting in August

Reads 1953 • Replies 12 • Started Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:12:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

omega
beers 899 º 21:46 Sun 9/29/2013

Quite funny, the reason why I didn’t go to BV was because of the high douche to citizen ratio. Hate to see how bad it is in DC!

As for the industry itself it is in a great transition at the moment where all these little guys are really starting to beat up the big boys who have been asleep a the wheel and peddling bad beers for too long. Where I work, the combined craft beer sales are now rivaling the big boys. Our only concerns is the acquisition model they are taking, or the creation of faux craft to trick the consumer.

Glad you had a good time though. =)

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4609 º 05:30 Mon 9/30/2013

Originally posted by omega
Quite funny, the reason why I didn’t go to BV was because of the high douche to citizen ratio. Hate to see how bad it is in DC!

As for the industry itself it is in a great transition at the moment where all these little guys are really starting to beat up the big boys who have been asleep a the wheel and peddling bad beers for too long. Where I work, the combined craft beer sales are now rivaling the big boys. Our only concerns is the acquisition model they are taking, or the creation of faux craft to trick the consumer.

Glad you had a good time though. =)
I’ll definitely be back, and it will be interesting to see how the craft evolves. We’ll discuss it over a beer, of course!