Walburg Biergarten.

Reads 404 • Replies 4 • Started Saturday, July 9, 2016 10:56:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

degbert
beers 1824 º places 19 º 22:56 Sat 7/9/2016

I just want to say I had an amazing time tonight at the Biergarten at the Walburg German Restaurant. That place is an undiscovered gem. Great food and lots of German and Texas German-influenced craft beers on tap and in bottles. I had my first beer from Rentsch Brewery in Georgetown (meh) and a Julius Echter Dunkelweiss (yeah!), as well as most of a Stiegl Radler my wife didn’t finish (guilty pleasure).

Is it trendy and hipster? Hell, no. Is it friendly, relatively inexpensive, with good music and old folks in lederhosen polkaing their butts off? Hell yes.

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 10:44 Sun 7/10/2016

Where is it?

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:12 Sun 7/10/2016

Originally posted by legion242
Where is it?

North of Austin by - ?? thirty miles or so? and east of 35 in Walburg, Tx
(If this has no map, blame them) http://www.walburgrestaurant.net/

I delivered there decades ago and loved it. As a beer destination, it is a bit of a stretch. But agree it is like stepping back in time and I presume the food is as great as it was before.

degbert
beers 1824 º places 19 º 10:41 Mon 7/11/2016

I wouldn’t call it a beer destination. I would call it a great experience that has some good beer to go with it. And to be fair, it’s a pretty decent example of Texas beer culture -- the particular Texas-German-Czech variation on the biergarten.

blutt59
beers 6999 º places 210 º 12:08 Mon 7/11/2016

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely stop by next time. If you come to Dallas , Bavarian Grill is very similar place and oftentimes gets kegs no else has.