Do you eat fried potatoe with beer?

Reads 3736 • Replies 26 • Started Monday, October 30, 2017 6:52:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wheresthepath
beers 3446 º places 283 º 16:46 Mon 10/30/2017

What Joet says. Plus according to my wife who does nutritional work, sweet potatoes are far better for you than normal spuds. And in my opinion taste better too. Best still, sweet potatoes crisp better in the oven without any oil at all - just slice, season and bake until they're done (usually about 30-40mins depending on how big you slice them).

Frankly though (she says) keeping yourself fit and active is most important, that way you can still have your beer and chips the way you like them (although she still recommends keeping the salt down and having plenty of fruit and veg).

wheresthepath
beers 3446 º places 283 º 16:48 Mon 10/30/2017

Sorry, for the US contingent, spuds is British-speak for potatoes and chips are fries...

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 16:54 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by wheresthepath
Sorry, for the US contingent, spuds is British-speak for potatoes and chips are fries...

We know. We're fat, not stupid.

wheresthepath
beers 3446 º places 283 º 17:57 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by blipp

We know. We're fat, not stupid.

Sorry, not casting aspersions, just wasn't sure if the UK slang was widely known over the pond. Most Americans I've met are neither gravitationally nor intellectually challenged. Except when it comes to sports involving hitting a ball with a bat... ;-)

AmberLarson
01:59 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by joet
A whole sheet full of freshly cut potatoes tossed in two spoonfuls of oil will crisp up quite nicely in a 400 F/205 C oven and have far fewer calories than deep fried potatoes. You can add cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion and garlic for an even more flavorful and healthy (lower caloric density, lower glucose index) side vegetable.

Wow! Thanks for your healthy recipe. While I was reading your reply, I began to imagine how tasty it is I've already arranged with my husband that for next party we will prepare fried potatoes in these way

AmberLarson
02:05 Tue 10/31/2017

What Joet says. Plus according to my wife who does nutritional work, sweet potatoes are far better for you than normal spuds. And in my opinion taste better too. Best still, sweet potatoes crisp better in the oven without any oil at all - just slice, season and bake until they're done (usually about 30-40mins depending on how big you slice them).

Frankly though (she says) keeping yourself fit and active is most important, that way you can still have your beer and chips the way you like them (although she still recommends keeping the salt down and having plenty of fruit and veg).

Thank you and your wife I'll follow her advice about sweet potatoes. I haven't known this info before. If honest, we usually took just spuds.

And yes, yes, I know, fruit and veg... but it's not our story yet

AmberLarson
02:16 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by GlasgowTAD
Could try an air-fryer and covering the potatoes lightly in spray-oil?

Thanks for reply. If honest, I haven't thought about an air fryer. Now reading about it here https://www.bestadviser.in/air-fryers and thinking to purchase. Do you use it?

AmberLarson
02:19 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by AmberLarson
Originally posted by GlasgowTAD
Could try an air-fryer and covering the potatoes lightly in spray-oil?

Thanks for reply. If honest, I haven't thought about an air fryer. Now reading about it here https://www.bestadviser.in/air-fryers and thinking to purchase. Do you use it?

AmberLarson
02:21 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
Are you talking about frenched fried potatoes?

About any varieties of fried potatoes. We love them all

AmberLarson
02:26 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by Quick3Beers
Do you eat fried potatoe with beer?
I do, that's why I posted here.
Others into sports and diet
Would say "Put down your big mug, don't even try it!"
How do you make them not so fat?
I would prefer them more like that.
I'd really like some good advices
For fried potatoes and berliner weisses.

I am so glad to meet the person, who understand us