Do you eat fried potatoe with beer?

Reads 3735 • Replies 26 • Started Monday, October 30, 2017 6:52:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AmberLarson
02:37 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Johnny Potato

Is it café? Right?

AmberLarson
02:40 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by b3shine

Thanks for tip! I even subscribed to thu guy on YouTube

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 03:13 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by AmberLarson
Originally posted by GlasgowTAD
Could try an air-fryer and covering the potatoes lightly in spray-oil?

Thanks for reply. If honest, I haven't thought about an air fryer. Now reading about it here https://www.bestadviser.in/air-fryers and thinking to purchase. Do you use it?

I have done before, but I am less health-conscious thus less willing to compromise on the full fat version :D Its difficult to get things crispy in an air fryer but the calorific savings are significant, as a trade-off.

AmberLarson
10:48 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by AmberLarson
Could try an air-fryer and covering the potatoes lightly in spray-oil?

Thanks for reply. If honest, I haven't thought about an air fryer. Now reading about it here https://www.bestadviser.in/air-fryers and thinking to purchase. Do you use it?

I have done before, but I am less health-conscious thus less willing to compromise on the full fat version :D Its difficult to get things crispy in an air fryer but the calorific savings are significant, as a trade-off.

Understood

ebone1988
beers 2504 º places 24 º 13:33 Tue 10/31/2017

tricyclist
beers 1125 º 19:14 Wed 11/1/2017

Soak the potatoe in either water or an ale/water mix with a Tbsp of salt. After a few hours, rinse and pat dry thoroughly. It’ll remove a lot of the starch in the potatoe and allow it to crisp up while baking in the oven.

At least that works for me.