Girardin unblended lambic tasting take 2

Reads 6354 • Replies 103 • Started Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:23:15 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 17:46 Mon 6/22/2009

Man- we are going to need some help drinking these kegs!

eclectic
18:16 Mon 6/22/2009

depending on the time and location I might be able to make it on the 12th.. have a bachelor party the night before in philly

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 18:20 Mon 6/22/2009

I might be able to attend this. It depends on where/when you’re doing it. I’ll be in the city already if it’s on the 12th for a bachelor party later that day.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 18:57 Mon 6/22/2009

Originally posted by Cletus
I might be able to attend this. It depends on where/when you’re doing it. I’ll be in the city already if it’s on the 12th for a bachelor party later that day.

We’re going to be doing it at Paul’s place in Hoboken, which you can get to from midtown with a 20 minute subway (Path) ride and a 15 minute walk. He’s got a nice outdoor area which will be great to drink lambic in provided there is nice weather (otherwise we can go inside).

Lets go ahead and tentatively schedule this for Sunday, July 12th. How does 2pm sound?

JoeMcPhee
beers 12092 º places 543 º 18:59 Mon 6/22/2009

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by Cletus

We’re going to be doing it at Paul’s place in Hoboken, which you can get to from midtown with a 20 minute subway (Path) ride and a 15 minute walk. He’s got a nice outdoor area which will be great to drink lambic in provided there is nice weather (otherwise we can go inside).

Lets go ahead and tentatively schedule this for Sunday, July 12th. How does 2pm sound?

Awesome, I’m so there!!

Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 19:10 Mon 6/22/2009

Haha- awesome. I completely forgot that I had volunteered my place up in the first thread. This whole time in this new thread I just kept thinking of going to Andys to do this.

Yeah Im down for the 12th here at my place- and yes, I have a good amount of room so it should be no problem with everyone coming over. Hopefully it will be nice and we can spend some time outside.

Hmm- 20 liters of lambic is going to be heavy as shit, no? How you plan to get em here?

I am probably going to be on Long Island the 11th and morning of the 12th, so I I could possibly drive through the city to pick Andy, Pearl and Kegs up on the way to hoboken?

I think 2 start time should work well.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 21:32 Mon 6/22/2009

Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer
I am probably going to be on Long Island the 11th and morning of the 12th, so I I could possibly drive through the city to pick Andy, Pearl and Kegs up on the way to hoboken?

Yeah, that would definitely be helpful. Carrying those things back 5 blocks from the post office was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It didn’t hit me how incredibly heavy they were until about 2 blocks left, when it was too late to take a cab, but man those last 2 blocks (and 2 flights of stairs) were hell.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12092 º places 543 º 21:42 Mon 6/22/2009

Yeah, if you can’t make it Paul, just let me know Andy... I can give a hand wrangling them over.

Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 21:50 Mon 6/22/2009

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer

Yeah, that would definitely be helpful. Carrying those things back 5 blocks from the post office was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It didn’t hit me how incredibly heavy they were until about 2 blocks left, when it was too late to take a cab, but man those last 2 blocks (and 2 flights of stairs) were hell.

No Problem. It would sure help. I donno how the hell you carried both of those things? 20 liters, plus packaging would be like me carrying one of my 20 liter (5 gallon) carboys fullof beer, and those things sure are heavy when they are full. I honesly cant imagine carying one of those 5 blocks.

Rciesla
beers 5497 º places 3 º 00:50 Tue 6/23/2009

dam i want to try them both so bad, but work prevails again for both weekends too! Anyway you could facto some for me paul or andy? I can pay as if i was there

Related Items
Brouwerij Girardin