Girardin unblended lambic tasting take 2

Reads 6348 • Replies 103 • Started Saturday, June 20, 2009 2:23:15 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Nickls
beers 2680 º places 3 º 10:50 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by yobdoog
Originally posted by Nickls
Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by Nickls
I’m late to the game on this one, but is there room for a newcomer for the event?

Definitely.

Great! Then count me in....much appreciated. Will bring a bottle for sharing in addition to cost.

Glad you could make it Nick!

Thanks, Trevor. Looking forward to it!

JoeMcPhee
beers 12092 º places 543 º 11:06 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by Rciesla
Originally posted by jimmack
Count me in!

Sweet! There are no plans to bring more beers but I’m sure people will. It looks like we have around 12 or 13 people at this point, which means we’ll have about 1.5L each to drink of lambic Gonna be rough! Ryan, we should be able to bottle a bit of each for the folks that can’t make it to share.

Your the man!

if there is more I can take some (pretty please). I’ll be back for BCTC.

There won’t be any left... I’ll see to it.

MicroGrog
beers 3249 º places 165 º 11:17 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by JoeMcPhee
Count me in!

Sweet! There are no plans to bring more beers but I’m sure people will. It looks like we have around 12 or 13 people at this point, which means we’ll have about 1.5L each to drink of lambic Gonna be rough! Ryan, we should be able to bottle a bit of each for the folks that can’t make it to share.

Your the man!

PilsnerPeter
beers 3070 º places 100 º 12:15 Wed 6/24/2009

Count me in!

Your the man!

If you really try to kill the kegs you’ll be shitting into a urinal for a week...

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 15:46 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by PilsnerPeter
Count me in!

Your the man!

If you really try to kill the kegs you’ll be shitting into a urinal for a week...

So different from the usual in what way exactly?

PilsnerPeter
beers 3070 º places 100 º 16:20 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by j12601
Count me in!

Your the man!

So different from the usual in what way exactly?

I’m not usually with Joe when he shits.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 17:28 Wed 6/24/2009

Originally posted by MicroGrog
Count me in!

Your the man!

I’m sleeping in your tent...

It was my recollection that Eugene has neither a tent nor the capacity to bring anything but beer to Ommegang. Lucky for him, I’m not so irresponsible(except when it comes to actually arranging rides to & from Cooperstown ). I have a knockoff of Paul’s tent(without Paul’s gentle giant dimensions), along with other survival tools that I could share for simple VIP access to someone’s car cigarette lighter, as to inflate my mattress(es) ...& maybe priority seating to a special beer or two.

you are correct sir. I have been told there is a small chance we will have a blow up mattress. But a tent, sleeping bags, or cooler are up in the air.

jimmack
beers 1223 º places 24 º 19:24 Wed 6/24/2009

Do you think these beers need to be decanted first or can they just be poured from the spigot directly into the glass? I was just thinking that they are going to get shaken up on the drive over to Hoboken and any sediment will likely be disturbed. Perhaps by pouring into a decanter or a pitcher first might allow the sediment to settle. Of course I have no experience with lambics in these kinds of containers so am really just wondering aloud.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 19:30 Wed 6/24/2009

Do you think these beers need to be decanted first or can they just be poured from the spigot directly into the glass? I was just thinking that they are going to get shaken up on the drive over to Hoboken and any sediment will likely be disturbed. Perhaps by pouring into a decanter or a pitcher first might allow the sediment to settle. Of course I have no experience with lambics in these kinds of containers so am really just wondering aloud.

no idea. They are in big bags inside cardboard boxes like boxed wine. There is no way we’d have a decanter big enough anyway. I think going right from the bag will be fine.

notalush
beers 7124 º places 452 º 19:50 Thu 7/2/2009

I would love to attend this, but the likelihood of Kim going into labor (or having the baby before then) will probably make it impossible. I can imagine the cell phone conversation now:

- I’m going into labor!
- But I’m in Hoboken drinking lambic.
- Get your fucking ass back home NOW!

Related Items
Brouwerij Girardin