Hill Farmstead Is Over Hyped shit?

Reads 6556 • Replies 76 • Started Saturday, October 21, 2017 4:31:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40846 º places 1239 º 15:57 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
I have had a few of their beers now. They have been good, but definitely over hyped. There are plenty of other beers that are just as good.
It reminds me of the Kernel love fest a few years ago. Do any of the London Crew remember them?

Your average beer rated weighs in at 3.1

Mine is at 3.4

We operate in different leagues to be fair so no ... haven't a clue what you're on about !

FatPhil
beers 26286 º places 998 º 16:19 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
I have had a few of their beers now. They have been good, but definitely over hyped.

Mine is at 3.4

So you're admitting that you have surrounded yourself with the overhyped shit? Why would we expect you to have an objective view on the matter?

b3shine
beers 12217 º places 372 º 16:24 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by FatPhil
I have had a few of their beers now. They have been good, but definitely over hyped.

Mine is at 3.4

So you're admitting that you have surrounded yourself with the overhyped shit? Why would we expect you to have an objective view on the matter?

That's one interpretation... Or he drinks better beer.

ebone1988
beers 2504 º places 24 º 16:27 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by b3shine

Mine is at 3.4

That's one interpretation... Or he drinks better beer.

Oh shit don't look at my scores.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:28 Sun 10/22/2017

I have had a few of their beers now. They have been good, but definitely over hyped. There are plenty of other beers that are just as good.
It reminds me of the Kernel love fest a few years ago. Do any of the London Crew remember them?

Mine is at 3.4

We operate in different leagues to be fair so no ... haven't a clue what you're on about !

For my 3.1 average I spent on average less than £2 a beer. To get my average up to 3.4 I would need to be spending a lot more money for the sake of a 0.3 boost. So yes we operate in different leagues, but i am happy to be a solid performer in my league.

If I buy a beer for £2 and it's shit it's no big problem. However if I spent £20 on a beer that was shit I would be pissed off.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40846 º places 1239 º 16:30 Sun 10/22/2017

Mine is at 3.4

For my 3.1 average I spent on average less than £2 a beer. To get my average up to 3.4 I would need to be spending a lot more money for the sake of a 0.3 boost. So yes we operate in different leagues, but i am happy to be a solid performer in my league.

If I buy a beer for £2 and it's shit it's no big problem. However if I spent £20 on a beer that was shit I would be pissed off.

So how much did you spend on the Hill Farmstead in question and why did you change your original score from 0.5 to 3.8?

b3shine
beers 12217 º places 372 º 16:35 Sun 10/22/2017

Mine is at 3.4

Your average beer rated is a 3.11. Does this mean that you're admitting that you have surrounded yourself with pedestrian beers for the sake of driving up your number of ratings to gain imaginary status on a beer rating website? Because that seems worse than drinking good beer to me.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 16:36 Sun 10/22/2017

Ok, going to feed the trolls.

Intrigued to see someone create a thread about hyped up beers and choose HF as an example of that. They've always been mid hype / high quality in the hype/quality diagram. Following social media I see plenty of hyped up shit and insane trade offers but I rarely see those for Hill beers.

Also at 74 rated HF beers with an avg rating of them at 4.12 so no, they're not overhyped, you're wrong.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:39 Sun 10/22/2017

Mine is at 3.4

So how much did you spend on the Hill Farmstead in question and why did you change your original score from 0.5 to 3.8?

It was part of a trade for malt likkas. Macboost asked if I wanted an HF in place of a malt Likka. Since I was going to share the beers with RichtheVillan I asked him if he would prefer a HF beer. He did. I would rather have had a Malt Likka, but I am too considerate of others. Altogether the trade cost me about £45 and many hours searching for White ciders.

I gave it a 0.5 as a inside joke then changed it to a proper score the next day.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:42 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by _angst_
Ok, going to feed the trolls.

Intrigued to see someone create a thread about hyped up beers and choose HF as an example of that. They've always been mid hype / high quality in the hype/quality diagram. Following social media I see plenty of hyped up shit and insane trade offers but I rarely see those for Hill beers.

Also at 74 rated HF beers with an avg rating of them at 4.12 so no, they're not overhyped, you're wrong.

Thanks for the food.

I am sure you are right.