Japan Happenings Pt. Trés

Reads 6667 • Replies 99 • Started Friday, April 1, 2016 4:26:57 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 19:41 Sat 4/23/2016

Originally posted by KansaiBeerLvrs
Yeah, I saw that. Daimaru is now on a seperate floor and sucks. Both Hasegawa have also gotten a little dull.

I disagree about both Hasegawas being dull. The one close to Daimaru seems to be a bit duller these days, but the other one usually carries interesting domestic and import beers. A small, but worthy selection

Tim

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8505 º places 567 º 04:58 Sun 4/24/2016

I didn’t say they were dull I said they’d gotten a bit dull. I feel it was a more exciting selection in the past. Then again it could just be the service at the close Hasegawa was pretty abysmal the last time I was in. The far one had great service though.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 05:07 Sun 4/24/2016

I didn’t say they were dull I said they’d gotten a bit dull. I feel it was a more exciting selection in the past. Then again it could just be the service at the close Hasegawa was pretty abysmal the last time I was in. The far one had great service though.

Yeah the close Hasegawa has gone downhill, though never had good service. Did you ever sample some of the spirits at the far Hasegawa? You can drink some great stuff while you browse the beers. I wish Le Collier could step up its game, as it has fantastic potential.

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8505 º places 567 º 06:29 Sun 4/24/2016

Nah just been to the far Hasegawa once. Le Collier is good but could be better.

KyotoLefty
beers 15130 º places 1061 º 08:17 Sun 4/24/2016

Le Collier was great the first time I went and found all kinds of stuff I never had. It has had exactly the same stuff ever since.

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 04:07 Mon 4/25/2016

Originally posted by left_bank
GBF #2
Goodbeer Faucets new place in Fukuoka,Goodbeer Stand will open on April 21st.It is in the new Hakata kitte building,which is right beside Hakata Station((train station for the shinkansen).

Time management advise for anyone wanting to visit Goodbeer Stand as of April 25th;The pub is on the 10th floor of a new shopping complex.The entire complex is wall-to-wall people and waiting for the elevator is a 15-30 minute proposition.Unless you have got that type of time or you just love shopping,I would wait at least 2 more weeks minimum!

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 23:59 Mon 5/9/2016

Wondering if the re-release of Rodenbach Alexander will make it over here? Anyone heard anything yet?

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8505 º places 567 º 08:18 Tue 5/10/2016

I’ll ask Ohtsuki-san the next time I’m out that way but I’m pretty fully stocked beer-wise so it may need to wait until June.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 22:32 Sun 5/15/2016

I’ll ask Ohtsuki-san the next time I’m out that way but I’m pretty fully stocked beer-wise so it may need to wait until June.

Let me know next time you go. :)

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 11:22 Wed 5/25/2016

Went out with Oakes and Beershine tonight for beverages. Going to meet up with them on Friday. Tentative plan is Yokohama. Anyone up for a pint or two with us?

Tim