Japan Happenings Pt. Trés

Reads 6666 • Replies 99 • Started Friday, April 1, 2016 4:26:57 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 10:43 Tue 8/30/2016

I called BBCAS tonight in Ginza and they said they haven’t decided how they are going to handle it yet. They told me to keep an eye out on their facebook and on their homepage for updates in early September.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 22:23 Tue 8/30/2016

That’s encouraging!

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 19:26 Mon 9/12/2016

Anyone check CraftHeads Anniversary list? It’s a good list though I’ve had most of the things on offer - for people visiting overseas it would be awesome. Notable though they will have Speedway with sour cherries. The list is pretty geared towards big dark stuff, so I wish there was some some top notch hoppy stuff.
Tim

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 00:02 Tue 9/13/2016

Solid Line up for Japan, I wonder how he got that Keg of sour cherry. I went to the Speedway Grand Prix and didn’t even get to try it.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 12:21 Tue 9/20/2016

I know this is 3 months early, but is everyone planning to be out of the country around Xmas time? Trying to get tickets for Xmas time (12/23-1/6) and would love to get as many people to attend a tasting (Hopefully Mikkeller will have a Bar by then)

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 18:01 Tue 9/20/2016

Originally posted by beercation
I know this is 3 months early, but is everyone planning to be out of the country around Xmas time? Trying to get tickets for Xmas time (12/23-1/6) and would love to get as many people to attend a tasting (Hopefully Mikkeller will have a Bar by then)

At this point, we are planning to stay in japan. I will let you know if that changes.

Tim

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 21:27 Tue 9/20/2016

Should be here, will have some whalez to share.

HonusWagner
beers 2248 º places 11 º 04:01 Wed 9/21/2016

I will be here, and I have some of my El Catador beers still unopened that I can save and bring if that’s compelling to people:

Opal
Good Gourd Almighty Bourbon
The BA Porter which I’ve forgotten the name of atm
Lorem Ipsum (or something like this I also forgot the name)

so lemme know which of these to save (I’ll probably open a couple with the couple that owns my newest local brewery, Voyager Brewing in Tanabe).

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 04:33 Thu 9/22/2016

Originally posted by HonusWagner
I will be here, and I have some of my El Catador beers still unopened that I can save and bring if that’s compelling to people:

Opal
Good Gourd Almighty Bourbon
The BA Porter which I’ve forgotten the name of atm
Lorem Ipsum (or something like this I also forgot the name)

so lemme know which of these to save (I’ll probably open a couple with the couple that owns my newest local brewery, Voyager Brewing in Tanabe).

Damn Mike, this are some sweet beers. Is the BA Porter ( http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-kalevipoeg-at-the-gates-of-hell/211985/) ? If so, I’ve had that and would be less interested. Opal looks friggin awesome, as do the others. You should bring some beers from Voyager as well. If you are up before New Years let me know as well.

Tim

HonusWagner
beers 2248 º places 11 º 22:09 Fri 9/23/2016