RateBeer Winter Gathering 2017: Request for Proposals

Reads 12585 • Replies 94 • Started Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:50:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 14:52 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by MacBoost
Rochester, NY will have a proposal

Likely gets my vote at about four hours away.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 20:54 Tue 9/12/2017

Would anyone be up for Nashville? I just moved here and seem to be one of a very small number (maybe one other relatively active) Ratebeerians. I'm not sure what goes into a putting a proposal together, but I'd be up for something if anyone were interested. Or if not this year, maybe a proposal for 2018.

Cheers,
Will

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 22:47 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by cubs
Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by Travlr
^^^ DC in the winter is bad news. Winter gatherings should be somewhere with warm or at least tolerable winter weather

So where's your proposal?

D.C. in the winter? Are you fucken crazy? I know you want proposals near you, but this makes no fucken sense. Why don't you suggest Green Bay while you're @ it.

Hmm, this kinda snark is giving me second thoughts about supporting a certain proposal from a neighboring state to the SW.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:20 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by willisread
Would anyone be up for Nashville? I just moved here and seem to be one of a very small number (maybe one other relatively active) Ratebeerians. I'm not sure what goes into a putting a proposal together, but I'd be up for something if anyone were interested. Or if not this year, maybe a proposal for 2018.

Cheers,
Will

Nashville would be sweet. Is the beer scene decent?

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 07:50 Wed 9/13/2017

Originally posted by pushkinwow
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I still think we need a winter gathering in Anchorage for the barleywine festival.

That would be incredible

+1

one of the few "cold weather" winter locations I could get behind. That said, last time BeerandBlues2 and I went to the fest it was 40+ F (5 C) in Anchorage, so we got out of the city to surrounding breweries pretty easily. even the 7.4 earthquake at 3 AM didn't deter us, one of the brewers was in a club at the time and said that suddenly his dance moves got way better

Once of these days, I am actually going to go.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 19:48 Wed 9/13/2017

^^^ DC in the winter is bad news. Winter gatherings should be somewhere with warm or at least tolerable winter weather

So where's your proposal?

D.C. in the winter? Are you fucken crazy? I know you want proposals near you, but this makes no fucken sense. Why don't you suggest Green Bay while you're @ it.

Hmm, this kinda snark is giving me second thoughts about supporting a certain proposal from a neighboring state to the SW.

I'm most interested in Richmond, VA, so you can punish me by not supporting them

I'd support RVA as well, but as I mentioned earlier, there is likely to be no proposal coming from there for a long, long time.

Unless you're thinking about re-locating.

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 22:34 Wed 9/13/2017

I am analyzing the proposals as we speak, and the only one I could get to is Richmond. However, 2018 may bring more freedom, so I will stay with this thread. I see myself as a Johnny Appleseed of beer, and that is all I need to say.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 00:31 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Originally posted by willisread

Cheers,
Will

Nashville would be sweet. Is the beer scene decent?

There are a nice variety of breweries that don't distribute out much. You've got great hazy IPAs from Bearded Iris, Fruited sours, dry-hopped IPAs and imperial stouts from Southern Grist for quality beers that are hard to find outside of the city. Lot's of sours from Yazoo as well. There are a lot of breweries around town now with a variety of styles and lots of stuff that can be ticked for the tickers. A fairly good amount of bars as well to choose from. Craft Brewed being a great place to hang. There are about 4 breweries and a new sake spot that are in a walkable area of a bout 2-3 blocks which is nice as well. There's also a ton of live music and great restaurants for those interested as well.

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 18:38 Thu 9/14/2017

I think Nashville would be cool and would definitely go if proposed and wins. It's been on my city wish list for awhile now.

Suttree
beers 7122 º places 260 º 20:21 Thu 9/14/2017

Nashville would be fun, definitely.