RateBeer Winter Gathering 2017: Request for Proposals

Reads 12570 • Replies 94 • Started Wednesday, September 6, 2017 12:50:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:55 Mon 10/2/2017

The Iowa City proposal has been worked on for years. It is as good of a proposal as you can find with many, many special events involved.

Sadly, I do not think my Minneapolis proposal will work. I had it planned, VERY WELL, for the first weekend in February. Hotels are all booked and flights are very expensive though. Not sure why. Sorry for not coming through.

We were going to do a Grand Tasting at Surly, had 10-12 nice tours lined up, exclusive one off sours for 3 different places and a sponsored bus ride which was free for all participants. On top of that there was a "welcome wagon" with 100s of free beers donated by stores, breweries and long-time Ratebeerians. The highlight was going to be the food. all donated for the whole weekend. Would have been a flight here and everything else free besides hotel. But its all booked. Cannot find a single room.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 06:32 Tue 10/3/2017

deyholla
beers 21646 º places 849 º 18:38 Tue 10/3/2017

There is not enough beer in Minnesota to make me visit during February... unfortunately though I live here...

footbalm
beers 1219 º places 76 º 20:31 Tue 10/3/2017

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
The Iowa City proposal has been worked on for years. It is as good of a proposal as you can find with many, many special events involved.

Sadly, I do not think my Minneapolis proposal will work. I had it planned, VERY WELL, for the first weekend in February. Hotels are all booked and flights are very expensive though. Not sure why. Sorry for not coming through.

We were going to do a Grand Tasting at Surly, had 10-12 nice tours lined up, exclusive one off sours for 3 different places and a sponsored bus ride which was free for all participants. On top of that there was a "welcome wagon" with 100s of free beers donated by stores, breweries and long-time Ratebeerians. The highlight was going to be the food. all donated for the whole weekend. Would have been a flight here and everything else free besides hotel. But its all booked. Cannot find a single room.
That damn Super Bowl thing.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 15:09 Wed 10/4/2017

Originally posted by deyholla
There is not enough beer in Minnesota to make me visit during February... unfortunately though I live here...

Your lack of faith is disturbing

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 15:11 Wed 10/4/2017

Super Bowl? i thought no one watched football?

Also, footbalm, is your name a typo? Did you mean for it to be football? we can change it.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 21:04 Wed 10/4/2017

Can you book that stuff for the summer? Would make a great city for RBSG.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 23:02 Wed 10/4/2017

No. We have plenty of tourism in the summer. Kills all incentive for my partners to provide what they were.

Just bad luck that I didn't know about the super bowl.

Minneapolis is much cooler in winter anyway. Beaches are for losers. We have snow banks

hayduke
beers 6098 º places 23 º 14:37 Mon 10/9/2017

Shucks....Sounds great. This can't be moved to a different weekend?

Originally posted by Drake

Can you book that stuff for the summer? Would make a great city for RBSG.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 16:39 Wed 10/11/2017

Originally posted by cubs
I expect a very strong proposal by Iowa City to be submitted soon

Drink Euro lagers and ciders at the animal shelter for three days?