RBESG 2016 - Barcelona

Reads 15320 • Replies 132 • Started Friday, April 29, 2016 6:59:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 03:35 Tue 5/3/2016

Sounds good, will check today if I’ll be able to go at all, but making a booking there sounds like a good plan.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 04:47 Tue 5/3/2016

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by Benzai
Originally posted by Leighton
Anyone booked for this yet? I’ll probably explore flights in the coming week or so, to see if a trip would be at all feasible. If there’s anyone aiming to share a hotel room, post here!

I’ve already checked flights and so far the dates and flight costs seem doable for me. Sharing a hotel room would be great. I have some work related stuff to sort out to make sure I can go though. When do you think you will be sure?

I go on holiday on 12 May, so I’ll try to do some work on RBESG before then. I’ll try to get back to you by, say, 11 May. (If I don’t give me a reminder!)

Will do!

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 07:00 Tue 5/3/2016

OK, flights booked.

Which area of the city should I book my hotel?

I will need a single room because of my snoring.

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 11:11 Tue 5/3/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
OK, flights booked.

Which area of the city should I book my hotel?

I will need a single room because of my snoring.

<*))))))><

We will be visiting several areas of the city, so there is no "better" area in the sense of being closer to the gathering, just make sure the hotel you choose is close to a metro station.
The city center (plaça catalunya) is the best connected area, but it’s also the most expensive. Kermis’ hotel is a good one areawise, near a metro station, within walking distance from saturday’s events and also near the city center.
Keep in mind that Barcelona is a small city, there aren’t any areas too far from any gathering zone.
That being said, if you want to BM me your chosen hotel before you book, I’ll tell you if I approve it or not.

Kermis’ hotel has no singles left, but you do have some mail BRW.

<*))))))><

kermis
beers 18395 º places 748 º 14:26 Tue 5/3/2016

My hotel also sounds pretty bad from trip advisor reviews, but it was so ridiculously cheap I figured a free cancellation booking was a no brainier.

Originally posted by kermis
My hotel also sounds pretty bad from trip advisor reviews, but it was so ridiculously cheap I figured a free cancellation booking was a no brainier.

My first option was a weird place really, changed my mind and will be looking again for something a bit classier in a day or two.

<*))))))><

Booked into Hostal Oliverta, single room with facilities, decent new reviews and cheap. Looks like a good location too.

<*))))))><

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 16:06 Thu 5/5/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Booked into Hostal Oliverta, single room with facilities, decent new reviews and cheap. Looks like a good location too.

<*))))))><

Yes, it’s a good location. Lively zone with lots of theaters and some discos. Close to the tasting location.