2014 College Football Thread

Reads 64193 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 04:35 Tue 9/2/2014

Ugly. True frosh QB with horrible offensive line play and atrocious play calling and game plan = disaster.

At least the defense looked somewhat improved. Kept us in the game, then got gassed late when offense couldn’t keep them off the field.

Could be a long season if offense doesn’t improve

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:03 Tue 9/2/2014

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:50 Tue 9/2/2014

Final thoughts on WVU vs Bama:
The officiating was terrible and one-sided - and I’m someone who NEVER likes to complain about officiating... even in a sport as subjectively officiated as basketball. It’s a copout that’s used by too many casual fans to deal with their team losing. Not Saturday. WVU’s receivers pretty much lost that game, but they had plenty of help from the officials. Disgusting.

This is what happens when Alabama boosters are allowed to put on the zebra stripes for an official game. It’s taking "Fantasy Camp" one step too far.

Of course, some run-blocking by our O-line would have been nice, but heck, that entire Bama D-line is gonna go pro. ;-)

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 11:31 Tue 9/2/2014

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
UCLA has some serious issues on the OL, Hundley took way too many hits..we’ll see.

Golson looks like a beast, the forced year off really helped him grow, gonna be awesome to watch him vs. Gardner this week.

Week 2 picks/leans (for the gamblers)
-Tex QB Ash is out, got concussed again, plus st. center broke ankle...no revenge this year..UT-BYU under
-Auburn minus whatever
-USC moneyline (sorry brokensail but you know I hate Hogan)
-Wazu -2.5 Leach a beast off a loss
-CSU RAMS +11.5
-Maryland -12
Lots of chatter about Va Tech-Bucks...not sure what to make of that one yet.

Yeah, UCLA didn’t look good. They’re gonna need to get their shit together. The next couple weeks should be easy wins, but ASU will not be, particularly if UCLA can’t score.

I was already on USC +3.5 anyway.

SHIG
admin
beers 13119 º places 502 º 18:00 Tue 9/2/2014

Perfect timing for a ’Cuse bye week. They got the W, but it was ugly (that might be an understatement). Also no further punishment will be handed out for Hunt’s punch 1st half ejection. I think if he is there the whole game they don’t go to OT. I am worried that our defense line will give up tons of yardage to QBs with any ability to run when the pass play breaks down. I think I know a few in the ACC! Also the DBs have a tendency to give up big plays similar to last year. We’ve recruited well this year, but that won’t help if they don’t sign come Feb.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:34 Thu 9/4/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10
Ugly. True frosh QB with horrible offensive line play and atrocious play calling and game plan = disaster.

At least the defense looked somewhat improved. Kept us in the game, then got gassed late when offense couldn’t keep them off the field.

Could be a long season if offense doesn’t improve

GOLDEN AGE!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:02 Fri 9/5/2014

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 16:44 Fri 9/5/2014

Gus is the new young Spurrier in the SEC. Bend over, it’s coming the next few years.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:05 Fri 9/5/2014

still pissed off

SHIG
admin
beers 13119 º places 502 º 11:03 Sat 9/6/2014