2014 College Football Thread

Reads 64137 • Replies 979 • Started Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:01:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:41 Fri 7/25/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Interesting Read:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-radical-realignment-plan-for-college-football-1406069526

That isn’t interesting. It is completely retarded.

Pretty accurate piece based on facts.

Your po-dunk team that doesn’t have fans or make any money isn’t included and you’re #butthurt.

No worries. I don’t expect an Iowa fan, from Chicago, to know anything about college football. That is possibly the dumbest article ever written.

...and I’m still enjoying those Tostitos.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:46 Fri 7/25/2014

Interesting Read:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-radical-realignment-plan-for-college-football-1406069526

That isn’t interesting. It is completely retarded.

Pretty accurate piece based on facts.

Your po-dunk team that doesn’t have fans or make any money isn’t included and you’re #butthurt.

No worries. I don’t expect an Iowa fan, from Chicago, to know anything about college football. That is possibly the dumbest article ever written.

...and I’m still enjoying those Tostitos.

Likewise, someone with a degree from UCF isn’t capable of enough advanced thought to understand college football.

I feel like in 10-15 years.. that BCS Bowl will still be what you are talking about.. The rest of us who have "been there, done that" don’t live in the past (except ND and PSU fans, of course).

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:46 Fri 7/25/2014

That said.. Who is ready for some fuckin’ football?!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:05 Fri 7/25/2014

That said.. Who is ready for some fuckin’ football?!

Local cable provider just picked up the SEC Network, so HELL YEAH!!!

OrlGamecock
09:52 Mon 7/28/2014

Gamecocks up to #2 recruiting class in the nation after picking up the #1 juco ILB and SDE in the nation this past weekend. These 11 win seasons are really starting to pay off on the recruiting trail.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 13:06 Mon 8/4/2014

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
Gamecocks up to #2 recruiting class in the nation after picking up the #1 juco ILB and SDE in the nation this past weekend. These 11 win seasons are really starting to pay off on the recruiting trail.

UCF still really struggling in recruiting. Thought their recent success might have changed that a bit. I’m really liking WVU’s class this year if they can hang onto some guys. Aub and Cocks doing well no surprise. Iowa fairly lackluster but no surprise there.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 04:54 Tue 8/5/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10

UCF still really struggling in recruiting. Thought their recent success might have changed that a bit. I’m really liking WVU’s class this year if they can hang onto some guys. Aub and Cocks doing well no surprise. Iowa fairly lackluster but no surprise there.

We’re doing better than Miami with who we’ve already got. We’ll be fine.

We lose a lot after this season, though. Next year will be tougher.

SHIG
admin
beers 13117 º places 502 º 11:51 Tue 8/5/2014

Originally posted by mgumby10

We’re doing better than Miami with who we’ve already got. We’ll be fine.

We lose a lot after this season, though. Next year will be tougher.

That’s the J we all love. I believe we all thought your one relevant season in an irrelevant AAC would have parlayed into gaining ground on the recruiting trail. In the end the kids know better and would rather travel to ’Cuse (7 FL commits) than end up at UCF (9 recruits total), pretty pathetic if you ask me. In the end you can hold on to last season for another 10 yrs until they might match it again...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:58 Tue 8/5/2014

Congrats on unseating Iowa as the top party school in the nation this year, SHIG.

SHIG
admin
beers 13117 º places 502 º 12:11 Tue 8/5/2014

Congrats on unseating Iowa as the top party school in the nation this year, SHIG.

Thanks! I would have preferred BCS, Final Four, and/or Lacrosse, but I’ll take it...