2015 College Football Thread

Reads 12285 • Replies 152 • Started Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:19:37 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:13 Wed 2/18/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
By the way, in All-Sports Director’s Cup standings, UCF destroys Iowa , who is dead last in the Big 10, 114-25. Once baseball and softball seasons are done, we will kick dirt over that loser school’s lifeless body.

Lol.. the only other school fans I knew to quote the Director’s Cup was Iowa State.

4 Sports matter to me in college athletics. 3 sports matter to most people (maybe even 2).

But if it makes you feel good that your school plays sports no one cares about and that don’t generate revenue well.. happy for you. So desperate to be relevant, JJ.. ha.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:23 Wed 2/18/2015

So, which 4 sports matter?

Because we’re better than you in everything except basketball.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:28 Wed 2/18/2015

By what measurement are you better in football? Desperation stinks, JJ. You are better than this..

Football, Both Basketballs, Wrestling.. better than you in all of them.

Nice try tho

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:10 Wed 2/18/2015

Wrestling?
Jesus Christ. Both soccer’s, baseball and softball, track, tennis, equestrian, and basket weaving are more important than wrestling. Nationally ranked in baseball, softball, women’s track, women’s soccer, a steady stream of 9-win + seasons in football and a BCS trophy... Yea. But you’re better in wrestling!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:57 Wed 2/18/2015

Lol.. little brother trying to prove to me which non revenue sports are more important.. dude, no one cares. As I said those are the only sports that matter to me. I don’t give care which ones are important to you..

You know we have a BCS Trophy too, right?

You beat no Power 5 teams last season. The 2 teams you beat that went to bowls lost their bowls. And ha.. does 9 wins matter to anyone when its against said teams? You seemed to flat out skip those details. Really hard to make an argument about being better with those facts ever palpable. I know my team didn’t have a good season.. but your flailing as usual is sad but entertaining

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 01:47 Fri 2/20/2015

Here’s an Orlando College Football Thread Blast from the Past!

If you’ve been around for more than than a couple years, you should remember this one and why it’s named what it is.

If you’ve only been around a couple years, ask GoT what this beer’s all about.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 08:48 Fri 2/20/2015

Originally posted by hopscotch
Missouri = #189?. Is it an unwritten rule that if you join the SEC, you have to start sucking as bad at basketball as the rest of the conference (except Kentucky)?
Missouri is/was a perennial NCAA Tournament team.

Frank Haith stripped the cupboard bare before he was shown the door and allowed to exit gracefully. New but old-school coach comes in and wants to instill old-school discipline on a very young and not-that-talented team with glaring weaknesses: soft front court and no shooters. Plus, the talent we do have is regularly suspended for unknown violations or frequently injured. It has been the worst season for Mizzou that I can remember.

We knew it would be a bad season though (just not THIS bad). Alumni are still behind the coach and willing to be patient so far. Rebuilding is rarely a pretty thing. The word is that recruiting is fine, because talented kids who fit Anderson’s mold see a chance to play right away.

So basically, I’m psyched for MLS season.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 08:56 Fri 2/20/2015

If you’ve been around for more than than a couple years, you should remember this one and why it’s named what it is.

There’s video footage... Lulz

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 19:12 Sun 2/22/2015

SHIG
admin
beers 13113 º places 502 º 19:17 Sun 2/22/2015

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

There’s video footage... Lulz

Not enough of the ole timers in forums anymore, no beerlando or gumby sightings in awhile. Great timing of post with the combine finishing up.