Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 31351 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 15:29 Fri 11/3/2017

I'm gonna go back to sharing my ratings on FB. One small step.

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 15:30 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker
Originally posted by Crit
Originally posted by sloth
Anybody else think the "reviewers" on UT over rate (over score) the hell out of damn near every beer they rate? Most of the scores seem outta control, to me anyways.

Totally agree !!

Totally disagree.!

Wrong. They’re a bit over the top. The more I compare the more I see it.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 15:35 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by Crit
Anybody else think the "reviewers" on UT over rate (over score) the hell out of damn near every beer they rate? Most of the scores seem outta control, to me anyways.

Totally agree !!

Totally disagree.!

Wrong. They’re a bit over the top. The more I compare the more I see it.

I disagree with the near every damn beer and I'm sticking to it.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 15:49 Fri 11/3/2017

Plus the fine tuned rating for each aspect of a beer on RB is going to produce different results than an overall score with a 0.25-5.0 range that Untappd employs.

Sledutah
beers 11316 º places 959 º 16:17 Fri 11/3/2017

Think of all the extra time I'll have if RB is gone :)

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 16:22 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by Sledutah
Think of all the extra time I'll have if RB is gone :)

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 17:36 Fri 11/3/2017

I am not going to read this whole thread again but one issue I am seeing is a lack of new information and entering new beers. I am just about to enter Summit Belgian Pale Ale. This is from the 2nd largest brewery in MN where we have a lot of users, and this beer has been on the market for weeks. I consider this a minor anecdote worthy of note. I hope, Joe, you consider whether something is happening that is making users less interested in contributing, which is very clearly happening in the forums. With this post, I am talking about hard beer data.

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 17:51 Fri 11/3/2017

Plus the fine tuned rating for each aspect of a beer on RB is going to produce different results than an overall score with a 0.25-5.0 range that Untappd employs.

You win! UT is the shit bro, enjoy!

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 18:03 Fri 11/3/2017

You win! UT is the shit bro, enjoy!

It's not the shit but it does have some worthiness and I see a lot of BAs and RBs using it as well. ;)

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 18:35 Fri 11/3/2017

Originally posted by JK
I am not going to read this whole thread again but one issue I am seeing is a lack of new information and entering new beers. I am just about to enter Summit Belgian Pale Ale. This is from the 2nd largest brewery in MN where we have a lot of users, and this beer has been on the market for weeks. I consider this a minor anecdote worthy of note. I hope, Joe, you consider whether something is happening that is making users less interested in contributing, which is very clearly happening in the forums. With this post, I am talking about hard beer data.

I entered a beer about a month ago that already had 350 unique ticks on Untappd. Founders Porter, another example, has 2000 ratings on RB, and over 150,000 unique ticks on UT. I suspect it's sheer number of users, rather than engagement of the users, but I have no data to back that up. Either way, it's hard to say that our database would be able to be as current and complete as UT with those kind of numbers.