Strongest beer in the world

Reads 5256 • Replies 39 • Started Friday, June 5, 2015 4:48:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

michcam8
beers 593 º places 34 º 21:39 Fri 6/5/2015

Originally posted by michcam8
Originally posted by Gary
this guy asked a Q about the worlds strongest beer ,lets not become pretentious assholes about it.

voice of reason.....always.

ClarkVV
beers 13601 º places 112 º 22:21 Fri 6/5/2015

Originally posted by Gary
this guy asked a Q about the worlds strongest beer ,lets not become pretentious assholes about it.

I mean sure, but does the OP even lift? He strikes me as the type of guy that owns zero articles of UnderArmor

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 22:55 Fri 6/5/2015

Originally posted by VsXsV
Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by DrSilverworm
Wasn’t there a controversy last year regarding the true ABV of those strong german beers? Was that ever resolved? Did we not care to follow up with that?

I guess these beers are brewed for hype, generally. Seems to be out of style, these days.

I think it was the brewdog beers that were found to be lower than advertised. Not sure it really matters since I think the policy here is to just use the advertised numbers for ABV and IBU.

Bobby, the Brewdog beers are pretty confirmed ABV wise. The problem was Brewmeister, another Scottish brewery, that made Armageddon and Snake Venom. The first one isn’t near the declared ABV and the other one is spiked with hard liquor.

Trust me, BrewDog aren’t stupid enough to try to cheat in this kind of stuff. They care too much about their reputation.

I must be remembering these things wrong (lots of beers consumed since 2012). I just remember Brewdog vs the place in Germany. Forgot about the other place that was in on the game.

minutemat
beers 14766 º places 551 º 03:54 Sat 6/6/2015

Due to Brewmeister admitting they added pure alcohol to meet the 67% ABV (or whatever it was) isnt it Koelschip’s Start The Future at 60%? Unrated so far on this site from what i can see.

dEnk
beers 4200 º places 33 º 04:33 Sat 6/6/2015

The koelschip beers have alcohol added as well.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 05:46 Sat 6/6/2015

grate thread on many levels

cgarvieuk
beers 37793 º places 457 º 07:18 Sat 6/6/2015

Originally posted by VsXsV
Originally posted by DrSilverworm
Wasn’t there a controversy last year regarding the true ABV of those strong german beers? Was that ever resolved? Did we not care to follow up with that?
I guess these beers are brewed for hype, generally. Seems to be out of style, these days.

I think it was the brewdog beers that were found to be lower than advertised. Not sure it really matters since I think the policy here is to just use the advertised numbers for ABV and IBU.

Bobby, the Brewdog beers are pretty confirmed ABV wise. The problem was Brewmeister, another Scottish brewery, that made Armageddon and Snake Venom. The first one isn’t near the declared ABV and the other one is spiked with hard liquor.

Trust me, BrewDog aren’t stupid enough to try to cheat in this kind of stuff. They care too much about their reputation.

I must be remembering these things wrong (lots of beers consumed since 2012). I just remember Brewdog vs the place in Germany. Forgot about the other place that was in on the game.

Dont know about now, but im pretty sure on of the bismark years back was tested independently ay 32 not the 40. But definitely no where near as bad as the brewmeister fiasco

obguthr
beers 11756 º places 22 º 08:27 Sat 6/6/2015

What about THIS?