Thread for reporting Places issues

Reads 24804 • Replies 161 • Started Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:14:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 12:01 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by Marko
My pleasure... Well, I'm trying to encourage people on a person to person base. The ideas the higher ups to do that have actually only netted us those empty and/or fake ratings - so clearly they have backfired. In my opinion - if you use RB places for reference when you travel - it's only fair to rate them too afterwards - but I know plenty of people who refuse to do that... and then, in some cases, complain about ratings of said places not being representative... :D

Well, that's humanity for ya. :)

I Always chose where to go on vacation according to reviews. it helps me deciding the places, the city, even the country to go to. And as you can see, I tried my best leaving some feedback. Some appreciated this mroe than others, but hey, thats honesty for ya ;)

Lowenbrau
beers 5866 º places 432 º 13:58 Tue 9/12/2017

In Spain´s forum whe always have a permanent open thread regarding issues like this, anf of course beers, brewers... for our local admin seems this is the easiest way to check out all the problems at once. I think this could be more effective rather tha posting in the general forums. Of course you need some cooperative rbeerians reporting everything wrong they come accross.

Marko
admin
beers 17829 º places 879 º 15:04 Tue 9/12/2017

Since we don't have local admins and local forums for everywhere, we need a general thread as well. If there's a local thread with an active local admin - report there, if not, report here. I've already made that clear earlier in this thread. :)

Bryne
places 1617 º 15:12 Tue 9/12/2017

I only rate places and would like to edit places myself like we did before. I used to update places while rating them. If this is only a temporary issue, I can deal with it. But, I expects that editing places will soon be as before. Why bother an admin just for minor adjustments?

Marko
admin
beers 17829 º places 879 º 15:43 Tue 9/12/2017

We did not get an update on when that privilege will be returned. It might be premium-only, it might never be.

I've opened the thread for you to bother people with minor adjustments. So... why not?

jjsint
beers 7728 º places 1335 º 18:07 Tue 9/12/2017

Originally posted by jjsint
Hi Marko,

Maybe a silly question but that never stops me. I've been sending any local places housekeeping stuff to the UK admins on the local thread. Would it be easier for all and sundry if I reported them centrally?

Naah, if there are functional local threads regarding this, use them, reckon the local admins will get to fixing that faster.

Great. Thanks for the info.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 18:23 Tue 9/12/2017

Casper Wyoming has 2 listings for Poplar Wine and Spirits and Galloways.

bytemesis
beers 15334 º places 1598 º 00:47 Wed 9/13/2017

Galloway's is done. There are two addresses for poplars; are there two locations?

FatPhil
beers 26062 º places 995 º 03:58 Wed 9/13/2017

Joe, wouldn't it be better if there was a separate tech issue thread?

Tech issue *forum*.

Almost all other issues feedback acts like a black hole. As others have said, if there's no visibility of things being addressed, they won't be reported, at least not in any vaguely organised fashion.

For example, someone might say "and what the decorum is up with https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/alesmith-lil-devil/16789/ ?" in the middle of a thread that was supposed to be about places issues, and that might derail things, which would be annoying.

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 07:04 Wed 9/13/2017

www.ratebeer.com/places/city/nidri/0/82/
www.ratebeer.com/places/city/nydri/0/82/

This is the same city, only written in two different ways.