Thread for reporting Places issues

Reads 24801 • Replies 161 • Started Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:14:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Marko
admin
beers 17829 º places 879 º 10:36 Thu 9/14/2017

Joe is on it. Will notify about the Alesmith problem once I'm done with Hong Kong (should be soon 'nuff).

Bryne
places 1617 º 12:37 Thu 9/14/2017

So, this thread is for editing places worldwide? This will be a full time job for more than one person. Please let me edit places myself, otherwise I will in the future not bother at all. Way to cumbersome and bureaucratically. Instead of spending time reporting one place issue, I can edit a lot more myself.
And, is this change permanent? If yes, why? What was the problem before, when members did the place editing?

PhillyBeer2112
beers 3499 º places 102 º 13:06 Thu 9/14/2017

The Ravenous Pig in Orlando, Fl:
https://www.ratebeer.com/p/the-ravenous-pig/8733/
Needs an updated address, they are now at 565 W. Fairbanks Ave., Winter Park FL 32789
Which happens to be the former location of the Cask & Larder brewpub
https://www.ratebeer.com/p/cask-larder/29880/
which is now at Orlando International Airport, 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd., Orlando, FL 32827

VDuquerroux
beers 5048 º places 230 º 13:34 Thu 9/14/2017

Thank you Marko for this thread !! A pragmatic answer to the situation. You are sort of a firefighter... For beers, there is a "send corrections" link. Why won't don't they do the same for places ? For a random user, that's not so obvious what to do. I guess : contact an admin through the list " https://www.ratebeer.com/Admin-Roster.asp " (thank you google). I have to bother Jaghana for french places everytime I need to modify something... As many Raters, I used to modify/add/delete information to the Places I visited (with pleasure and a "sense of duty"). The beauty of this site remains on its self-criticism.

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 14:40 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by Marko
Joe is on it. Will notify about the Alesmith problem once I'm done with Hong Kong (should be soon 'nuff).

Looking forward to there only being three 'cities' in Hong Kong :D there's some amazing growth in craft beer there, too, so I think this will help the budding scene!

boto
beers 2444 º places 104 º 16:36 Thu 9/14/2017

I've been trying to get a brewery and associated place updated via the "send an update" button for over a month. Not only did they move, they changed their name. I don't want to add new places or breweries, since they aren't new.

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 16:45 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by boto
I've been trying to get a brewery and associated place updated via the "send an update" button for over a month. Not only did they move, they changed their name. I don't want to add new places or breweries, since they aren't new.

That's why I don't report anything via this way. Long time ago I was sending everything to edit to an admin in PM and changed the admin two times after it seems they got tired of correcting stuff. The one I report updates now to seems to take care of everything.

It's very rare you get a reply when sending in an error this way, and if you do, it's always from the same few people.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 19:08 Thu 9/14/2017

I'm trying to add beers to Frontier Brewing Company and Taproom but the brewery name doesn't show up so I can't add them. Any idea on what's going on?

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 19:46 Thu 9/14/2017

Nevermind, I mistakenly added the brew pub as a place. Can someone delete the place entries? Please.

Marko
admin
beers 17829 º places 879 º 05:07 Fri 9/15/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Originally posted by Marko

Looking forward to there only being three 'cities' in Hong Kong :D there's some amazing growth in craft beer there, too, so I think this will help the budding scene!

Decided against 3 "cities" as it's way to vague a distinction in real life. In the end divided into districts actual separate cities got their separate entries.