Ticks = ratings ???

Reads 7968 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:10:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Lowenbrau
beers 5867 º places 432 º 08:21 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Bill Becker
Is it safe to delete old ticks if I have reviewed them?

In theory it should NOW be impossible to have both

a tick is just a Review that doesnt meet the Limit count

Yes, i see my ticks now.
But this is weird. Most of the my ticks are ratings, and they surpass by far the minimun characters rule to be considered a rating rather than ticks.
This for example, from 2012,. My rating was the third one for this beer, and is listed as "tick":
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/nomada-royal-porter/283596/1/38/

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 08:26 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Bill Becker
Is it safe to delete old ticks if I have reviewed them?

In theory it should NOW be impossible to have both

a tick is just a Review that doesnt meet the Limit count

Yes, i see my ticks now.
But this is weird. Most of the my ticks are ratings, and they surpass by far the minimun characters rule to be considered a rating rather than ticks.
This for example, from 2012,. My rating was the third one for this beer, and is listed as "tick":
https://www.ratebeer

.com/beer/nomada-royal-porter/283596/1/38/

Click on a beer in your ticks list and rerate it. That will delete it from your ticks list. Not the old ticks list.

mithe
beers 3625 º places 160 º 08:27 Sun 10/29/2017

So I have to delete all my ticks to don't see them in my ratings list and in breweries lists? That is "cool" new feature for old users...

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 08:36 Sun 10/29/2017

Also, my ticks don't show up in my ratings total on my profile page and posts on my laptop, but do show up on my profile page on my mobile.

madmitch76
beers 36978 º places 240 º 09:23 Sun 10/29/2017

There is a bug with the tick tidy up. As of today I have one tick (new tick). Lervig Siste Dans which is actually an alias of Lervig APA. I have rated this beer.

There is no option to delete the tick on the alias page and when I follow through to the Lervig APA page - all the stars are blank. If I click on 'Ticked By' - my profile is not on the list of those that have ticked it. It looks like I have no tick record for this beer, but elsewhere in the db, something thinks I do!

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 09:27 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by madmitch76
There is a bug with the tick tidy up. As of today I have one tick (new tick). Lervig Siste Dans which is actually an alias of Lervig APA. I have rated this beer.

There is no option to delete the tick on the alias page and when I follow through to the Lervig APA page - all the stars are blank. If I click on 'Ticked By' - my profile is not on the list of those that have ticked it. It looks like I have no tick record for this beer, but elsewhere in the db, something thinks I do!

Did you try rerating it by clicking on it?

madmitch76
beers 36978 º places 240 º 09:28 Sun 10/29/2017

Deleted the Lervig APA rating. The tick still shows up on my stats. Went back in and actually ticked the Lervig APA. Still shows 1 tick on my stats. Went back and deleted the tick, still shows as 1 tick on my stats. Definitely summat wrong here.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 09:32 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by madmitch76
Deleted the Lervig APA rating. The tick still shows up on my stats. Went back in and actually ticked the Lervig APA. Still shows 1 tick on my stats. Went back and deleted the tick, still shows as 1 tick on my stats. Definitely summat wrong here.

I see it's in your "old ticks" list. Delete that and see what happens. I deleted all of my old ticks.

LazyPyro
beers 8191 º places 63 º 10:17 Sun 10/29/2017

Ticks on beers that are now aliased are bugged and we can't delete them. I have the same problem as madmitch, it's annoying as it's now the only tick I have and I want it gone.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 10:19 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by LazyPyro
Ticks on beers that are now aliased are bugged and we can't delete them. I have the same problem as madmitch, it's annoying as it's now the only tick I have and I want it gone.

That sucks.