Ticks = ratings ???

Reads 7951 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:10:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TBone
beers 27112 º places 544 º 10:29 Sun 10/29/2017

Huh ... fortunately I was able to delete my only tick (cider)!

madmitch76
beers 36976 º places 240 º 10:34 Sun 10/29/2017

Cheers Guys - I had 35 or so 'Old Ticks' including the Lervig APA. Had rates for them all, so deleted them. Rates were unaffected by deleting the old ticks as was my rating total, as you would expect but I thought I would post positive verification of this in case someone else finds it useful.

However despite deleting both the rate and the old tick of Lervig APA, it's still sticking out like a sore thumb under ticks only. So it must be that alias bug. Small but irritating as I am otherwise tick free. Please can you add to the fix list Joe?

madmitch76
beers 36976 º places 240 º 10:38 Sun 10/29/2017

Oh and after I deleted and re-added the Lervig APA rate, my total has gone up by 1. So I have 2 credits for the same beer.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 10:45 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by TBone

Yeah but you still have 3 old ticks. Lol.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 11:25 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
To increase the appeal of Ratebeer, If ratebeer doesnt grow it will die. As it is the growth of RB is nothing like that of the Beer market as a whole. We need to make Ratebeer accessible to a Wider Audience. So you can Score a Beer, with or without Text.
On the Website at the moment you Can only score 1,2,3,4 or 5 but via App you Can score it as any value just like a review but without the text

I know many people dont like just scoring beers, but you can still review if you wish this is just making the site more accessible to those that have no interest in writing reviews. It doesnt devalue or change tha tor those that want to review.

Hopefully making Ratebeer more accessible will encourage more new members and over time hopefully some of those will then decide they want to review. But even if not, a bigger userbase means we have a bigger pool of people adding beers better coverage and a more complete database

100% agree with this. Our differentiating factor used to be the database. It isn't anymore, because we aren't making a home for people that don't want to write text in their reviews, and accordingly we are losing the critical mass to keep the database current and leading edge. As an example, I recently attended a festival and had 40-50 beers (maybe more, didn't count them exactly) that weren't in our database. I added them, and guess where I went for the info? Untappd. They were all in there, and all had dozens to hundreds of check ins. I confirmed what I could all the way back to brewery websites, found no errors with the Untappd entries, and several weren't even on the brewery websites. Untappd is likely the best source of truth now, and that's sad. It used to be us, but we aren't adapting.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 11:31 Sun 10/29/2017

Our differentiating factor now is stats / maps. If Untappd adds that, we're done.

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 11:38 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by BVery
Our differentiating factor now is stats / maps. If Untappd adds that, we're done.

That and the Forums.
But youve nailed my concerns on the Head. Untapps database is a little messier than ours, but not enough to be a worry and has so many more beers RB doesnt even know about.

Even a few years back i think traders were paying attention to RB top beers, now its untappd. As rb hasnt even heard of many of these beer.

BeardedAvenger
beers 7337 º places 596 º 11:59 Sun 10/29/2017

In the similar thread I created the other day, Joet mentioned that not all the coding had been relased at one time. There will be further updates as of Monday evening.

I have over 400 ticks. A right hassle to sort out if I decide to delete/re-rate. Hopefully this further update will resolve some of these issues.

TBone
beers 27112 º places 544 º 12:58 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker

Yes, it disappeared as "tick" but not as "old tick". But it should not be a suprise ...

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 13:21 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker

Yes, it disappeared as "tick" but not as "old tick". But it should not be a suprise ...

Old ticks you have the option to delete.