Ticks = ratings ???

Reads 7952 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:10:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 09:39 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by BVery
Benzai, I don't love my conclusion either, but it is my conclusion based on what I'm observing. I think the upside outweighs the downside.

Yeah thats me, I like Reviews, I think Reviewing has been good for my understanding of Flavour, but i think times have changed. There easier options people like Easy.

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 14:45 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by BVery
Benzai, I don't love my conclusion either, but it is my conclusion based on what I'm observing. I think the upside outweighs the downside.

Yeah thats me, I like Reviews, I think Reviewing has been good for my understanding of Flavour, but i think times have changed. There easier options people like Easy.

Easier options are good. I like reviews, but after 4,000 of them maybe I want to spend less time writing (or have my nose buried in my phone at a tasting) when I can just enjoy the beer and the company. I don't think I'm done rating, but I am not as into it as I used to be. Making it easier might just keep some of us old timers in the game.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 14:57 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Benzai

I'd rather see Viper666's idea come to life but I think that -unfortunately- BVery is right and the only way to get the volume we need is to say that thoughtless ticks are equal of thought through ratings / reviews. A sad thing to conclude but it appears there's no other way.

Why do you assume a Tick is thoughtless, many may be, but many others may not be
There many things that can be critisised looked down on.

What you rated a beer while eating
Oh you rated a pale lager after a stout
what you rated from a 2oz pour
oh you rated more than 10 beers

Its easy to pick holes in other

This is exactly what I believe. Not every rating is great, far from it. But you can often see that by looking at it /reading it. You can't do that with a tick, and while I don't think every tick is thoughtless, I believe -basically like you said as well- many are.

BeardedAvenger
beers 7337 º places 596 º 15:48 Sun 11/5/2017

Just had a go at deleting a load of old ticks. No change to my tally so far.