2013 College Football Thread

Reads 31191 • Replies 476 • Started Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:40:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:08 Thu 12/5/2013

We only use 2 sites here

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:29 Thu 12/5/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
We only use 2 sites here

No Scout? Damn. WVU’s recruiting classes are always full of 4 & 5 star athletes there.

(kicks small rock into gutter)

SHIG
admin
beers 13119 º places 502 º 20:31 Thu 12/5/2013

I have a rivals account, but I wish I had paid for Scout since they have way more articles. I do like 247 as well since it has an easier format to follow recruits and status.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:37 Thu 12/5/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
I have a rivals account, but I wish I had paid for Scout since they have way more articles. I do like 247 as well since it has an easier format to follow recruits and status.

Yep, and if the writers are good, I’ll make the switch to 247. The composite score allows a person to get all the info he/she needs right there instead of jumping from site to site.

Adam, Bill King has a two or three hour satellite radio show each morning that is affiliated with 247 Sports. He had a contract dispute with Yahoo (owner of Rivals) a couple years ago and left them to sign on to 247. That’s why I mentioned him.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:41 Thu 12/5/2013

Id pay for 247 at this point if I was paying for anything.

Twitter is far too fast, is killing sites like rivals and scout.

247 is winning the casual AND pro audience

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:43 Thu 12/5/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Id pay for 247 at this point if I was paying for anything.

Twitter is far too fast, is killing sites like rivals and scout.

247 is winning the casual AND pro audience

I might make the switch when I come up for renewal. January, I think. I’m still avoiding twitter, although my wife is trying to get me to check it out. I just don’t want to add any more social media to my life. I’m already finding out things I don’t want to know... and quickly... on facebook. I don’t have the free time.

SHIG
admin
beers 13119 º places 502 º 20:54 Thu 12/5/2013

This years NSD is going to see tons of flips. I don’t blame the kids who’s coaches are fired/resign, but their is just no loyalty in the youth of today. Side note: Cuse potching a WF LB and Purdue OT this week.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:57 Thu 12/5/2013

We stole a lifelong Illini fan family today.. things get ugly. But you are right. Early signing period seems relevant

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 21:15 Thu 12/5/2013

This years NSD is going to see tons of flips. I don’t blame the kids who’s coaches are fired/resign, but their is just no loyalty in the youth of today. Side note: Cuse potching a WF LB and Purdue OT this week.

Yeah, and you guys dont have to deal with the South Florida prima dona’s that much. Kids love the limelight from down here. You here fun stuff like I’m commited to this school, but this other school is my leader, or guys like Dalvin Cook who currently is commited to UF but he only has signed financial aid papers with Miami and FSU so far, and UF seem like a distant 3rd.

They are such good football players that you have to put up with it, but you’ll lose years of your life following them year in and year out

SHIG
admin
beers 13119 º places 502 º 21:26 Thu 12/5/2013

Originally posted by mgumby10

Yeah, and you guys dont have to deal with the South Florida prima dona’s that much. Kids love the limelight from down here. You here fun stuff like I’m commited to this school, but this other school is my leader, or guys like Dalvin Cook who currently is commited to UF but he only has signed financial aid papers with Miami and FSU so far, and UF seem like a distant 3rd.

They are such good football players that you have to put up with it, but you’ll lose years of your life following them year in and year out

Hmmmm I guess what comes around goes around... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high-school/edwards-picks-hurricanes-article-1.1256856

http://orangefizz.net/2013/10/qb-alin-edouard-verbally-commits-as-syracuse-offense-proves-its-needs-help/