2015 College Football Thread

Reads 12290 • Replies 152 • Started Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:19:37 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:19 Tue 2/3/2015

Our previous thread was frozen.

It’s Christmas Day!

SHIG
admin
beers 13113 º places 502 º 23:53 Tue 2/3/2015

I hope there is a stack of signed letter-of-intent in my Syracuse stocking tomorrow.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:12 Wed 2/4/2015

Man, I’m glad I’m not a UF fan.
They are getting raped, and Muschamp just pushed a little deeper.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 11:15 Wed 2/4/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
What’s up with your recruiting class though??

LOL.

Higher Average Stars than Iowa.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:24 Wed 2/4/2015

and.... Khalil Lewis signs with... Cincinatti?

Damn, Hopscotch. He donged both of our teams.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:27 Wed 2/4/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

LOL.

lol. USF beat you out in class scores.

247 > Anywhere else.

But yeah, Karan Higdon fucked us over. Class is pretty terrible for Iowa. Worst class in years, I think. Still better than UCF’s tho..

For the sheer mass amounts of money Iowa has, facilities, etc.. might need a change at the top this year. Not acceptable for them to be doing what they are doing with what they have.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:33 Wed 2/4/2015

and.... Khalil Lewis signs with... Cincinatti?

Damn, Hopscotch. He donged both of our teams.

Rough day so far. Shaq Wilson flipped back to Georgia only three days after flipping to us, so we lost both him and Khalil Lewis at WR. All the fence-sitters and potential flips signed elsewhere. Not one single good thing to report as far as signing day surprises. Only losses. Damn, what did our coaches do at all those wasted in-home visits this past week? Slap the kids’ moms?

Well, we filled a lot of holes, which is what this year’s class was all about, and we filled those holes with FOUR 4-Star kids and FIVE 3-Star/5.7 kids. As I’ve said before, I count Rivals 5.7s as 4-Star athletes. So we landed NINE athletes that were scored 3.7 or higher.

Still two flips to the bad guys and no flips to us. A terrible finish to a solid class for us. We added very little depth at the skill positions. We got less than we expected.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 14:36 Wed 2/4/2015

LOL.

247 > Anywhere else.

But yeah, Karan Higdon fucked us over. Class is pretty terrible for Iowa. Worst class in years, I think. Still better than UCF’s tho..

For the sheer mass amounts of money Iowa has, facilities, etc.. might need a change at the top this year. Not acceptable for them to be doing what they are doing with what they have.

How do you manage to get dumber every year?

Total ranking doesn’t mean shit.
Look at the average, son. We’re better than both USF and Iowa, on Rivals and 247.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:37 Wed 2/4/2015

LOL.

247 > Anywhere else.

How do you manage to get dumber every year?

Total ranking doesn’t mean shit.
Look at the average, son. We’re better than both USF and Iowa, on Rivals and 247.

I seem to remember you boasting a few years back about being ahead of Iowa with like 10 more recruits..

Funny how you flip flop on that..

PS - Are you done? I imagine you’ll fill out with a few more 2 stars before all is said and done.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:59 Wed 2/4/2015

OK, finally some good news. Better late in the day than never.

One of our fence-sitters and our #1 outside receiver target, Gary Jennings, committed and faxed his LOI to us today. As of this morning, his final four was Virginia, North Carolina, Notre Dame and West Virginia.

Also, it looks like we received transfer LOIs from Kyle Bosch (OT) and Michael Ferns (LB). Both are transferring from Michigan and both were 4-Star recruits - Bosch in 2013 and Ferns in 2014. Although both asked for their outright release due to Michigan’s coaching change, Bosch will probably have two years to play two and Ferns will probably have three years to play three.

Finally, Ka’Raun White, the younger brother of our all-American WR Kevin White, faxed an LOI to us today. He’s a JUCO tranfer who will have three years to play three. Hopefully the apple didn’t fall far from the tree here. Maybe immediate impact. If not, we’ve got some redshirt freshmen WRs that should be able to help out in 2015.

Whew... scary day!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 15:12 Thu 2/5/2015

UCF with two signings from the ESPN Top 300. The only non-P5 school with two, and the only non-P5 school with one in the Top 100.
Iowa? Zero...Point...Zero.

We did pretty damn good yesterday.
Next year, we’re off NCAA scholarship reductions. Time to party.