RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2017: Latvia-Estonia-Finland / July 20-23

Reads 26804 • Replies 218 • Started Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:21:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jinroh
beers 4531 º places 5 º 11:18 Thu 7/13/2017

Deadline same time tomorrow (13:00 EEST time, Friday July 14th)

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 11:37 Thu 7/13/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by martjoobolut
Originally posted by gnoff
Those bringing stuff from Lithuania, if you haven’t decided, takes requests, and can find it easy enough.

Got one mead from there I haven’t had:
Dundulis Devyniaragio (9%)
from
Panevėžio alus (Dundulis)

Anything from
Sakiškių alus
Not rated any, and much of theirs seem highly rated, at least the black stuff, which I happen to love.

Not too long to go!

Some Sakiškių stuff is available in Estonia. Ratebeer’s travel list should give decent overview what’s available in Estonia. Also this untappd list should be really helpful: https://untappd.com/v/kohtmoonshine-bar/669673 (there are some mistakes, i.e. Chimay BA version is wrong, but most of it is correct).

You spelled travl wrong

Sorry, but American isn’t my first languange (so I have an excuse!)

mjs
beers 11426 º places 46 º 13:44 Thu 7/13/2017

Originally posted by jinroh
These are the options:

1. Single hop Ekuanot
2. Belma and Calypso hops & Cherry wood chip ageing
3. NZ Hops: Rakau & Pacifica
4. Coffee infused IPA with Calypso hops

NZ, otherwise the beer is heading scarily towards horror tick section.

// Matti

Travlr
beers 33924 º places 4607 º 17:25 Thu 7/13/2017

Those bringing stuff from Lithuania, if you haven’t decided, takes requests, and can find it easy enough.

Got one mead from there I haven’t had:
Dundulis Devyniaragio (9%)
from
Panevėžio alus (Dundulis)

Anything from
Sakiškių alus
Not rated any, and much of theirs seem highly rated, at least the black stuff, which I happen to love.

Not too long to go!

Some Sakiškių stuff is available in Estonia. Ratebeer’s travel list should give decent overview what’s available in Estonia. Also this untappd list should be really helpful: https://untappd.com/v/kohtmoonshine-bar/669673 (there are some mistakes, i.e. Chimay BA version is wrong, but most of it is correct).

You spelled travl wrong

Sorry, but American isn’t my first languange (so I have an excuse!)

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 14:03 Fri 7/14/2017

Minor bad news: I hurt my foot and walking is a bit of a challenge. This means I had to lighten my beer load a bit, and had to sacrifice a couple of the state ticks that were in 750ml bottles - Georgia and Tennessee. ND, SD and the Pliny are safe, as is THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD.
Hopefully I won’t slow down the group - I may have to rely more on trams and Uber, we’ll see how it goes!

Travlr ; Hobblr

Hope you feel better Gene!

Travlr
beers 33924 º places 4607 º 16:36 Fri 7/14/2017

Originally posted by DuffMan
Minor bad news: I hurt my foot and walking is a bit of a challenge. This means I had to lighten my beer load a bit, and had to sacrifice a couple of the state ticks that were in 750ml bottles - Georgia and Tennessee. ND, SD and the Pliny are safe, as is THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD.
Hopefully I won’t slow down the group - I may have to rely more on trams and Uber, we’ll see how it goes!

Travlr ; Hobblr

Hope you feel better Gene!

Getting better slowly, thanks!

Marduk
beers 22023 º places 969 º 01:16 Mon 7/17/2017

Any special requests from Sweden, preferably something I can find at Systembolaget, since breweries can’t sell beer above 3.5% to bring home, or if in Göteborg I might be able to ask them to send a "yeast sample" for me to bring with.

This prolly is gonna be the most bizarre request, but would you be nice and bring https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=464514 . Yes it’s Estonian beer but it isn’t sold in Estonia. I can trade it for 7.5% version :)

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 02:52 Mon 7/17/2017

Originally posted by Marduk
Any special requests from Sweden, preferably something I can find at Systembolaget, since breweries can’t sell beer above 3.5% to bring home, or if in Göteborg I might be able to ask them to send a "yeast sample" for me to bring with.

This prolly is gonna be the most bizarre request, but would you be nice and bring https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=464514 . Yes it’s Estonian beer but it isn’t sold in Estonia. I can trade it for 7.5% version :)

I might be able to pack one more beer :)
Packed up the bag yesterday, seems it is pretty much done.

That beer is in one store in town as of Systembolaget’s site, though since it is a Christmas beer I am not sure they are still allowed to sell it...
They have some silly rules.
I know it will not be on the shelf, but I’ll try to find time today to head into that store and ask specifically for it, hopefully they’ll let me get it if they do indeed still have it, then hopefully it’ll fit in my bag :)

Stupid rules to not pack beer in your carry on on flights.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 05:47 Mon 7/17/2017

Originally posted by Marduk

Got one!
They still had it in the back room.
If I can fit it in my bag I’ll bring it :-)

FatPhil
beers 26277 º places 998 º 05:08 Tue 7/18/2017

Well, if we’re doing requests - jinroh, can you bring this from Japan?
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wasabi-biwasa-no-rubi/259625/335427/