RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2017: Latvia-Estonia-Finland / July 20-23

Reads 26840 • Replies 218 • Started Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:21:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

VastActiv
beers 15993 º places 259 º 07:09 Wed 5/31/2017

Originally posted by AndySnow
What about beers to bring to the grand tasting?

Last time I went there was a list where everyone could add what they were going to bring, to avoid doubles and to get a decent mix. It was at least 3 bottles of 33 cl, 2 half liters or 1 75 cl bottle.

I agree. List for bottles would be great. I’ve got already couple of interesting bottles ready.
I assume Grand Tasting is inside Sori Taproom?

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4607 º 07:16 Wed 5/31/2017

Originally posted by AndySnow
There will be one more on all days of the trip.

Sunitha will come with me, but she isn’t that active on the site so hasn´t signed up. She will probably not be going on everything, but she will be in all four cities and travel with the rest.

nice!

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 07:44 Wed 5/31/2017

We had a little meeting with Raul yesterday and more details should be following soon. Figuring out exact timetables and other stuff takes some effort :)

Borresteijn
beers 11331 º places 404 º 14:58 Wed 5/31/2017

Alright guys, booked a flight to Riga, will arrive on Wednesday night around 22.00. Will return from Tallinn. Very much looking forward to meeting you and seeing some of you again. If anyone is up for sharing a room on one of the stops, let me know.

Marduk
beers 22023 º places 969 º 06:41 Thu 6/1/2017

Originally posted by VastActiv
I agree. List for bottles would be great. I’ve got already couple of interesting bottles ready.

If I understood correctly Grand Tasting is planned to take place at Sori Brewery, Tallinn.

jinroh
beers 4531 º places 5 º 13:08 Fri 6/2/2017

Originally posted by Marduk
Originally posted by VastActiv

If I understood correctly Grand Tasting is planned to take place at Sori Brewery, Tallinn.

Yes, Grand Tasting will take place on July 22 in Tallinn, at Sori Brewing’s Tasting Room (at the brewery).

Marduk
beers 22023 º places 969 º 07:25 Mon 6/5/2017

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 11:05 Tue 6/6/2017

Added info regarding time and particiation, will need to wait to see what I can bring and fill out the beer list later on.

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 14:20 Tue 6/6/2017

I put down the Chimay versions as they seemed like the beers that people would want to tick the most and they are rather hard to get. It seems that different countries get different batches (these bottles are all ordered from the web). If you think that there is too many Chimay beers, I can probably find something else to share. Just let me know.

Travlr: Pliny is one of my top wants, so I would really appreciate if you could bring a bottle. Also I’m sure that any us crowler will be appreciated by EU raters (not sure what is available for you locally) :)

Edit: just read the "Where’s Travlr?" topic, hope that Gene will still make it to Estonia, would like to share a beer with him...

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 06:13 Wed 6/7/2017

Originally posted by martjoobolut
I put down the Chimay versions as they seemed like the beers that people would want to tick the most and they are rather hard to get. It seems that different countries get different batches (these bottles are all ordered from the web). If you think that there is too many Chimay beers, I can probably find something else to share. Just let me know.

I for one am happy to sample those versions of Chimay!