RBSG Dinner Menu

Reads 10250 • Replies 82 • Started Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:08:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kp
beers 10877 º places 12 º 18:58 Wed 7/1/2009

Originally posted by hmmiexist
Potato tower? The 1980s called and want their culinary fads back.

Now if you think about it, your statement implies that the present stole this idea from the past and the past wants it back. But once stolen from the past, history is changed and it no longer exists in the past, making it a brand new idea for the present.

yespr
beers 55597 º places 43 º 19:00 Wed 7/1/2009

Originally posted by kp
Potato tower? The 1980s called and want their culinary fads back.

Now if you think about it, your statement implies that the present stole this idea from the past and the past wants it back. But once stolen from the past, history is changed and it no longer exists in the past, making it a brand new idea for the present.

Wow, sounds like watching Back to the Future in reverse

/Jesper

yespr
beers 55597 º places 43 º 19:01 Wed 7/1/2009

Originally posted by aspidites
We need a lot more people to come to the dinner, if you plan to attend please sign up ASAP because you will not be able to pay and come the day of the event.

Exactly how many people are we short currently to make this happen?

/Jesper

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 19:11 Wed 7/1/2009

Originally posted by yespr
Originally posted by aspidites
We need a lot more people to come to the dinner, if you plan to attend please sign up ASAP because you will not be able to pay and come the day of the event.

Exactly how many people are we short currently to make this happen?

/Jesper

It is going to happen either way, we just need 15 more to make the number that originally stated that they would come hence is booked for.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 19:34 Wed 7/1/2009

If you are coming to RBSG and you are not at the dinner, your ratebeer privileges should be suspended.

hmmiexist
19:35 Wed 7/1/2009

Originally posted by DaSilky1
If you are coming to RBSG and you are not at the dinner, your ratebeer privileges should be suspended.

I would comment but aspidites told me to behave.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 20:35 Wed 7/1/2009

He hasn’t told me to, so can I point out, fish, lobster, mushrooms... and consecration?

I guess I should be glad my cousin’s getting married that weekend and I wasn’t able to make it, because apparently my RB membership would get revoked, since there’s no way I’d pay for that menu and pairings.

illinismitty
beers 2271 º places 279 º 23:51 Wed 7/1/2009

I wish I had a job so I could make it out this year. That dinner just sounds f-ing awesome.

Damn the economy and damn you Mike for putting this together when I can’t make it.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 00:06 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by j12601

He hasn’t told me to, so can I point out, fish, lobster, mushrooms... and consecration?

I guess I should be glad my cousin’s getting married that weekend and I wasn’t able to make it, because apparently my RB membership would get revoked, since there’s no way I’d pay for that menu and pairings.

You must be 3/4 retarded. Seafood is complimented by acids, in this case consecration.

hmmiexist
00:13 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by j12601

You must be 3/4 retarded. Seafood is complimented by acids, in this case consecration.

There are other acidic sours that wouldn’t overwhelm the delicate flavor of the fish.