RBSG Dinner Menu

Reads 10249 • Replies 82 • Started Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:08:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jhenry04
12:32 Fri 7/3/2009

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
I hope I get a chance to go to Salt House so I can see how their poutine measures up.

The poutine is fantastic. Clog up those arteries.

grant
beers 842 º places 4 º 12:55 Fri 7/3/2009

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
Originally posted by grant
Originally posted by joet
Next to the Trappist is a very interesting and deliciously kickass Tamarindo which is a very different take on Mexican.
http://www.tamarindoantojeria.com/

I love that place.

Even the $6 scoop of rice?

I’ll pass on that place.

That’s the Fizzy Yellow Beer tap handle at Pizza Port. Stick with the tapas, rube.

Actually they were black beans, and they were $4. I was curious to see if they did anything interesting with them. They didn’t, but almost everything else I’ve had at that place has been very good to delicious. Sure, it’s more expensive than a $6.50 burrito at the local taqueria, but that’s hardly an appropriate comparison.

Man, I’m kinda hungry now.

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 12:21 Mon 7/6/2009

My big question. How long will the dinner most likely last?

The reason I ask is that the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are playing at the Fillmore later that night, and am trying to figure out if there is the slightest chance that I’d get to end up seeing them. Mike?

I already gave my money, so I am going to the dinner. I just hope I don’t miss out on too much of the concert, or if it’s even feasible.

Thanks.
Joey

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 13:07 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by iowaherkeye

The reason I ask is that the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are playing at the Fillmore later that night, and am trying to figure out if there is the slightest chance that I’d get to end up seeing them. Mike?

I already gave my money, so I am going to the dinner. I just hope I don’t miss out on too much of the concert, or if it’s even feasible.

Thanks.
Joey

the bosstones? i haven’t seent them in like 7-8 years! they rule!

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 13:23 Mon 7/6/2009

Originally posted by wavers1

Thanks.
Joey

the bosstones? i haven’t seent them in like 7-8 years! they rule!

Warped Tour ’03 I think was last I saw them. good stuff.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 14:28 Mon 7/6/2009

Thanks.
Joey

Hey Joey, thanks for the question.

The Beer Dinner will likely run until 9.00 or 9.30p.

Updating the Event page.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 21:25 Mon 7/6/2009

Bump, we still have about 9 spots to fill.

gail
beers 4 º places 10 º 18:29 Tue 7/7/2009

If we can get a substitute for the meat course, we will take two of those spots, happily. Email to chef Bruce at the address on his web site just bounced. Uh-oh.

(Anybody got an alternate way to confirm we can get a tasty substitute before we spend the bucks?) (And where does that paypal payment go -- or do i need to know?) Thanks to Mike Long for cluing us in!

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 19:11 Tue 7/7/2009

Originally posted by gail
If we can get a substitute for the meat course, we will take two of those spots, happily. Email to chef Bruce at the address on his web site just bounced. Uh-oh.

(Anybody got an alternate way to confirm we can get a tasty substitute before we spend the bucks?) (And where does that paypal payment go -- or do i need to know?) Thanks to Mike Long for cluing us in!

The paypal account is Steve’s (brewer @ Valley Brewing)--KrausenJockey on the site.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 19:16 Tue 7/7/2009

Originally posted by gail

The paypal account is Steve’s (brewer @ Valley Brewing)--KrausenJockey on the site.

The paypal is godwerb@gmail.com