RBSG Dinner Menu

Reads 10248 • Replies 82 • Started Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:08:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 00:17 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by hmmiexist
Originally posted by DaSilky1
Originally posted by j12601
If you are coming to RBSG and you are not at the dinner, your ratebeer privileges should be suspended.

I would comment but aspidites told me to behave.

He hasn’t told me to, so can I point out, fish, lobster, mushrooms... and consecration?

I guess I should be glad my cousin’s getting married that weekend and I wasn’t able to make it, because apparently my RB membership would get revoked, since there’s no way I’d pay for that menu and pairings.

You must be 3/4 retarded. Seafood is complimented by acids, in this case consecration.

There are other acidic sours that wouldn’t overwhelm the delicate flavor of the fish.

I take it that you have never had Sturgeon before.

hmmiexist
00:23 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by aspidites
If you are coming to RBSG and you are not at the dinner, your ratebeer privileges should be suspended.

He hasn’t told me to, so can I point out, fish, lobster, mushrooms... and consecration?

I guess I should be glad my cousin’s getting married that weekend and I wasn’t able to make it, because apparently my RB membership would get revoked, since there’s no way I’d pay for that menu and pairings.

You must be 3/4 retarded. Seafood is complimented by acids, in this case consecration.

There are other acidic sours that wouldn’t overwhelm the delicate flavor of the fish.

I have had it. Mostly smoked, but still it is a mild flavor compared to that of Consecration.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 00:24 Thu 7/2/2009

I have had it. Mostly smoked, but still it is a mild flavor compared to that of Consecration.

We obviously have very different palates, Consecration is very soft and delicate.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 00:26 Thu 7/2/2009

Not sure how personal attacks and insults are warranted by my finding the idea of mushrooms and lobster butter an unappetizing pairing with consecration, but hey, if that’s how you troll roll, then so be it.

I’m also missing the ingenuity in a garlic brined pork chop with coffee and port being paired up with the hoppy stone brew, but again... I guess I’d be gladly putting my $85 towards a good meal and beers were I coming to RBSG.

alohaC
beers 12 º 00:35 Thu 7/2/2009

Not sure how personal attacks and insults are warranted by my finding the idea of mushrooms and lobster butter an unappetizing pairing with consecration, but hey, if that’s how you troll roll, then so be it.

I’m also missing the ingenuity in a garlic brined pork chop with coffee and port being paired up with the hoppy stone brew, but again... I guess I’d be gladly putting my $85 towards a good meal and beers were I coming to RBSG.

The bigger point here is why you felt the need to denigrate the menu of a dinner you’re not even attending.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 00:40 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by alohaC
The bigger point here is why you felt the need to denigrate the menu of a dinner you’re not even attending.

Cropped out the nesting, but...

Because the thread was posted in the public forums, I read it, looked at the menu and was less than impressed. Then read the comment about someone being asked not to talk about it if they didn’t like it, which seems silly.

If a beer/food pairing looks sketchy, I see no reason why there shouldn’t be public discourse about it. Especially when people are being chastised and made to feel guilty about not shelling out $85 for it.

aspidites
beers 1271 º places 1 º 00:44 Thu 7/2/2009

Originally posted by alohaC

Cropped out the nesting, but...

Because the thread was posted in the public forums, I read it, looked at the menu and was less than impressed. Then read the comment about someone being asked not to talk about it if they didn’t like it, which seems silly.

If a beer/food pairing looks sketchy, I see no reason why there shouldn’t be public discourse about it. Especially when people are being chastised and made to feel guilty about not shelling out $85 for it.

He is also the same guy that said Chez Panisse is crappy food so his opinion is not remotely valid when it comes to this topic.

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 00:45 Thu 7/2/2009

I’m with ya on the Stone pairing though...

hmmiexist
00:47 Thu 7/2/2009

He is also the same guy that said Chez Panisse is crappy food so his opinion is not remotely valid when it comes to this topic.

I didn’t say crappy food, just overrated. Which is how I felt when I went there years ago.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 00:49 Thu 7/2/2009

Coming from a guy notorious for having very clearly ’differing’ opinions on some notable beers, I find the quick dismissal of someone else’s opinions to be rather humorous. I rather thought the point of the site was that we have different tastes and opinions and that should be embraced. Maybe I was the only one who got that memo.