Ticks = ratings ???

Reads 7957 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, October 29, 2017 7:10:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mithe
beers 3625 º places 160 º 07:10 Sun 10/29/2017

Why are ticks manageded as real full ratings now? Again new feature that nobody wants or bug?

I see my ticks in my rating tab and also in breweries sites - I never wanted that. Ticks and full ratings are two different things for me. What is the reason for putings then together?

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 07:34 Sun 10/29/2017

To increase the appeal of Ratebeer, If ratebeer doesnt grow it will die. As it is the growth of RB is nothing like that of the Beer market as a whole. We need to make Ratebeer accessible to a Wider Audience. So you can Score a Beer, with or without Text.
On the Website at the moment you Can only score 1,2,3,4 or 5 but via App you Can score it as any value just like a review but without the text

I know many people dont like just scoring beers, but you can still review if you wish this is just making the site more accessible to those that have no interest in writing reviews. It doesnt devalue or change tha tor those that want to review.

Hopefully making Ratebeer more accessible will encourage more new members and over time hopefully some of those will then decide they want to review. But even if not, a bigger userbase means we have a bigger pool of people adding beers better coverage and a more complete database

Lowenbrau
beers 5867 º places 432 º 07:44 Sun 10/29/2017

I hate this. This is "Ratebeer", not "Tickbeer". Suddenly i have 98 ticks that i don´t know what beers they are, i have no access to my "ticks". I dont know if i forgot to rate them or whatever happened with them.

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 07:50 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
I hate this. This is "Ratebeer", not "Tickbeer". Suddenly i have 98 ticks that i don´t know what beers they are, i have no access to my "ticks". I dont know if i forgot to rate them or whatever happened with them.

You can See your Ticks.
Goto My Beer Ratings, click the TIck only box and you will see all the ticks

But actually Ticks a Bad name for them. You can Rate a beer with out writing any words.

Id personally rename them to Rates and Reviews. Where a Rate is just a Score and a Review is the Score with text accompanying it

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 07:51 Sun 10/29/2017

Take a look at this thread https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/is-joet-going-to-destroy-ratebeer_299759_13.htm It's being discussed there

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 07:52 Sun 10/29/2017

I see your ticks.

SinH4
beers 15469 º places 416 º 08:01 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk

You can See your Ticks.
Goto My Beer Ratings, click the TIck only box and you will see all the ticks.

Nope, both my "Ticks only" and my "Old ticks" pages are empty.

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 08:08 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by SinH4

You can See your Ticks.
Goto My Beer Ratings, click the TIck only box and you will see all the ticks.

Nope, both my "Ticks only" and my "Old ticks" pages are empty.

Oh. yeah so i see. worked for me, and i got rid of my Ticks

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 08:08 Sun 10/29/2017

Is it safe to delete old ticks if I have reviewed them?

cgarvieuk
beers 37649 º places 457 º 08:12 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker

In theory it should NOW be impossible to have both

a tick is just a Review that doesnt meet the Limit count

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 08:18 Sun 10/29/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker

In theory it should NOW be impossible to have both

a tick is just a Review that doesnt meet the Limit count

The limit count doesn't seem to apply to old ticks. (I have complete reviews for the few i just checked)They are listed because I assigned a star as well as reviewed it..